Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Camping /Caravan Parks/ Campers

Camping /Caravan Parks/ Campers It's all about the great outdoors. What you have and where you stayed.

Old 10-11-16
"2000"+ Valued Contributor

Send a message via MSN to sharkcaver Send a message via Skype™ to sharkcaver

Give serious consideration to the xped megamat. Your back will thank you many times over.

MY16 NX GLX5, Dobinson's HD springs + MRR shocks + Firestone airbags, 17" Toyo Opats, XXX bar, Dominator winch + IB500 relay, Full Bushskinz kit, Rhino track mount, 7" led spots, 23" light bar, SPV block, Ultragauge, Donaldson secondary filter, LRA 81L aux, 105AGM in rear + Projecta IDC25, 2 tier rear shelf + slide, ARB on board compressor, 2.5 x 3.0 awning

NX build

My Journeys
Old 10-11-16
Valued Member

Saw one of these yesterday, pricey but look damn comfy
https://www.tentworld.com.au/buy-sal...emium-camp-bed
Old 10-11-16

I use the oztent Jet Bunker with an Xped self inflating mattress under my awning.

Only used it a couple of times, but find it very comfortable and warm.

NW GLX Diesel: ARB Deluxe Bull Bar, ICOM-450N UHF, RAM Mounts for tablet, phone and Navman, Safari Snorkel, Rhino track mount system with HD crossbars and AT2112 Tray, X-Ray Vision DLB2010 Light Bar, Tigerz11 Awning, Bridgestone D697s. (Have but waiting to fit) X-Ray Vision 160 Series HID spots (pencil beam x 2), MSA DSL50 Drop Slide, ARB 60L Fridge.
Old 10-11-16
Valued Member

I now use a cheap camp stretcher with the XPED mattress on top. Probably the best combination I have had in many years of camping. Actually look forward to sleeping on it!

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more..
Old 10-11-16

Xped Megamat are brilliant, had one for a while but will be using with a stretcher now
Old 10-11-16

Another vote for the XPED Mega mattress. I used it with a cheap stretcher from Adventure King and a Wild Country swag for 2 months in the Kimberley. Never had any back issues. It's not just sleeping you need to think about though. Driving for long periods can also wreak havoc with your back. I installed an MSA Lumbar Support to combat this.
| PC Challenger Manual MY14 | Front eLocker | Dobinson MRR | 3.15 Gears | ARB Deluxe Bar | Runva 11XP | Bushskinz Sliders & Guards | Kaymar Rear Bar | LRA Tank | Safari Snorkel | Mickey Thompson ATZ P3 | Rhino Pioneer Platform | Foxwing Awning | Drifta Drawers | Lightforce Venom | Stedi Lightbar | Viair 480C | ARB 47L Fridge | GME TX3500 | TraxRax |
Old 10-11-16
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOSSAMER View Post
Saw one of these yesterday, pricey but look damn comfy
https://www.tentworld.com.au/buy-sal...emium-camp-bed
That looks really impressive. Thanks for that

Steve
2009 NT VRX, Rear Battery Pack, 18" Bridgestone D-697, SPVi EGR mod, BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Plates. BOO's Transmission & Transfer Case Plates. GME 3550, HID HB's and 22"LED Bar, Pioneer Avic F80DAB Audio/Coms/Nav system MM4x4 TC Lockup Mate. & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Pretty Stock but very Capable

Wish List: SMART Winch Bar & Winch, Snorkel, Diff Breathers, & 1/2 tank of Diesel
Old 11-11-16
Valued Member

Just wandering for you guys with the exped megamat and swag,
How do you deflate the mattress and roll up the swag,
I have one and have been pulling the mat out, deflating it and then putting it back in the swag and rolling up the swag.

Aaron
2012 PB 30th Anniversary Challenger, Arb 2.5m awning, Maxtrax, ORS Platform and MSA dropdown slide, Boo's Bashplates, MSA seat organisers with trays, GME 3120s uhf, GME 4705 UHF, Lovells Springs, Arb Deluxe Bullbar, Mitsubishi tow bar, 265/65 17 D697's At's, triple ram mount with ipad and lots more to come.
Old 11-11-16

With the inflate/deflate valve at the head, I open the deflate valve & roll the swag from foot to head, pressing my knees on the swag as I roll. Once at the head, I unroll & then roll the opposite way, as my straps bind at the foot of the swag. Hope that makes sense.
| PC Challenger Manual MY14 | Front eLocker | Dobinson MRR | 3.15 Gears | ARB Deluxe Bar | Runva 11XP | Bushskinz Sliders & Guards | Kaymar Rear Bar | LRA Tank | Safari Snorkel | Mickey Thompson ATZ P3 | Rhino Pioneer Platform | Foxwing Awning | Drifta Drawers | Lightforce Venom | Stedi Lightbar | Viair 480C | ARB 47L Fridge | GME TX3500 | TraxRax |
Old 11-11-16
"2000"+ Valued Contributor

Send a message via MSN to sharkcaver Send a message via Skype™ to sharkcaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron.miller View Post
Just wandering for you guys with the exped megamat and swag,
How do you deflate the mattress and roll up the swag,
I have one and have been pulling the mat out, deflating it and then putting it back in the swag and rolling up the swag.

Aaron
I don't use my exped with a swag. The swag mattress is fine as it is.

MY16 NX GLX5, Dobinson's HD springs + MRR shocks + Firestone airbags, 17" Toyo Opats, XXX bar, Dominator winch + IB500 relay, Full Bushskinz kit, Rhino track mount, 7" led spots, 23" light bar, SPV block, Ultragauge, Donaldson secondary filter, LRA 81L aux, 105AGM in rear + Projecta IDC25, 2 tier rear shelf + slide, ARB on board compressor, 2.5 x 3.0 awning

NX build

My Journeys