Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > GPS Tech / Navigation

GPS Tech / Navigation Discussion on GPS units. Maps and laptops

Old 01-06-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladguan View Post
I have seen those but remember being quite expensive for what they are. Your phone can do the same and more.

Not my phone mate. It's a clunker.
Old 02-06-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian H View Post
I looked at that too but decided to get the GPS so I had an accurate speed reading. I assume the OBD2 would read the same as the speedo ?
Can't speak for this device as I don't have one, but most obdii devices you can calibrate the speedos with a %error. So you find a flat bit of road and calibrate it and then its bang on all the time, I just check against GPS every now and then to ensure nothings changed. I find GPS can be a bit jumpy sometimes and doesn't do well on hills (or areas that have poor GPS coverage due to tall stuff around it).

My speedo is like 7 or 9km/h out at 100 but I knew it would be a long way off when I bought the car which is why I bought the scangauge before I took delivery.
Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.
Old 02-06-16
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC.Barky View Post
Can't speak for this device as I don't have one, but most obdii devices you can calibrate the speedos with a %error.
Yes, you can calibrate this one too so it displays exact speed or overs, which it does on the default settings.
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S. Goldstream caravan and a TVan Firetail.