Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Photos - You and your rig!

Photos - You and your rig! Show off your rig and your mods.

Old 13-12-15

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroma View Post
Yeah I checked this morning and my computer is telling me it's getting 17L. Have 550km trip down to coral bay for Xmas towing a box trailer so I'll see how that goes. Might have to pack a Jerry Can.

MyExceed, any idea how old your rims are? They don't show up on the Gecko site.
I was told that the rims are a new style so that may explain why they aren't on their website. They are 17x8 with a +20 offset which keeps the 265 tyres just inside the outer edge of the guard, wouldn't be 5mm in it, they are pretty close.

I think they have a 88 litre tank don't they, so it's about right that you can only squeeze 76 litres in when the fuel light comes on. I know with mine when the fuel light comes on it still has an easy 15 litres in the tank cause when I fill it right up it only takes about 70 or so litres to fill it.....

I'll run an economy test over Xmas and let you know how it goes....

NS Exceed V6, xrox bar with domin8r 12000lb winch, The Ultimate Suspension 2" lift, 265/70/17 BFG A/T, LED spots, LED fog lights, 40" roof mounted lightbar, OCAM alloy rack, dual batteries, Boos bash plates, diff breathers, Garmin 67LMT GPS, Tyredog TPMS, Uniden UHF, Engel MR40f in rear drawer system, external phone antennae, cargo barrier, dual side awnings, RTT, shovel holder, spare wheel lift
Old 13-12-15

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroma View Post
Yeah i don't read the economy read-out too often either, but i reset my trip computer last time i filled up. Fast forward to this morning my orange light came on so time to refuel again, trip computer was at 398kms. I then put in 76ltrs.

I'd like to blame my lift but it seems to have been like this for a little while before that went on.

Anyways, love the red. Enjoy your beast
Mate that calculates out to about 19l/100klms which isn't too bad for a lifted truck with offroad tyres etc etc, I reckon mine will be ballpark there too now with the lift, bar and KM2's, which is OK. It's all relative, I used to have a V8 Discovery and we NEVER spoke of economy in that, just fill it up and drive the hell out of it hahaha

NS Exceed V6, xrox bar with domin8r 12000lb winch, The Ultimate Suspension 2" lift, 265/70/17 BFG A/T, LED spots, LED fog lights, 40" roof mounted lightbar, OCAM alloy rack, dual batteries, Boos bash plates, diff breathers, Garmin 67LMT GPS, Tyredog TPMS, Uniden UHF, Engel MR40f in rear drawer system, external phone antennae, cargo barrier, dual side awnings, RTT, shovel holder, spare wheel lift
Old 13-12-15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyExceed View Post
I was told that the rims are a new style so that may explain why they aren't on their website. They are 17x8 with a +20 offset which keeps the 265 tyres just inside the outer edge of the guard, wouldn't be 5mm in it, they are pretty close.

I think they have a 88 litre tank don't they, so it's about right that you can only squeeze 76 litres in when the fuel light comes on. I know with mine when the fuel light comes on it still has an easy 15 litres in the tank cause when I fill it right up it only takes about 70 or so litres to fill it.....

I'll run an economy test over Xmas and let you know how it goes....
Some new alloys could be on the cards next year then. It's hard to find rims to fit the NS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyExceed View Post
Mate that calculates out to about 19l/100klms which isn't too bad for a lifted truck with offroad tyres etc etc, I reckon mine will be ballpark there too now with the lift, bar and KM2's, which is OK. It's all relative, I used to have a V8 Discovery and we NEVER spoke of economy in that, just fill it up and drive the hell out of it hahaha
Tell me about it, i had a worked Tickford TE50 that would get about 250kms out of a tank Fuel economy wasn't a discussion to be had back then.

Spoke to the finance minister about an Aux tank for my birthday so we'll see if that becomes a reality. In the meanwhile, I'm gonna go easy on the pedal between now and when we leave for our trip and see what sort of numbers i can get by driving like a nanna.
Old 14-12-15
Valued Member

Nice rig. Very tidy and a good mix of mods.

Will be a very capable touring rig.

Fuel is fuel. Just think of it as an investment in your explorations. I hate using fuel driving to work each day but am happy to use as much as needed when on a trip.
Old 14-12-15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slo78u View Post
Nice rig. Very tidy and a good mix of mods.

Will be a very capable touring rig.

Fuel is fuel. Just think of it as an investment in your explorations. I hate using fuel driving to work each day but am happy to use as much as needed when on a trip.
exactly mate, if I wanted economy I would have bought a Hyundai

Old 05-01-16

hi guys,

im getting around 18l/100klms around town now with the lift, bar and muddies...not too bad considering

Old 05-01-16
Valued Member

Looks good. I was going to get a petrol myself, but got a good deal on the diesel, so went that way.
Interested in the LED driving lights, Ebay jobbies??? Honestly, what are they like?? Am tempted to buy a set, but dont know.
Old 16-02-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Johnston View Post
Looks good. I was going to get a petrol myself, but got a good deal on the diesel, so went that way.
Interested in the LED driving lights, Ebay jobbies??? Honestly, what are they like?? Am tempted to buy a set, but dont know.
they are excellent lights, not great long range, probably about 500metres of useful light but they throw quite a wide light which is better for my driving, id rather dodge something that comes out of left field with no notice than see an animal 500 metres away that I have time to slow down for....

Old 16-02-16
Valued Member

3-500 mtrs of useful light is all you need IMHO.
I am with you on the spread, have a decent light bar at the moment, not sure if I want to change.
Old 16-02-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Johnston View Post
3-500 mtrs of useful light is all you need IMHO.
I am with you on the spread, have a decent light bar at the moment, not sure if I want to change.
if you have alight bar with decent spread, there's probably no reason to change. Im still old school and haven't gone down the light bar route yet