Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Mitsubishi News

Mitsubishi News Whats happening in the world of Mitsubishi.

Old 03-12-15
Valued Member

Default breaking: Pajero gen 5 plans shelved

Reports coming from world car fans citing Mitsubishi CEO saying no plans for next lancer gallant and.....Pajero.

What this means in practical sense is that funding for development work will be curtailed or ceased. It also infers should they be restarted they won't be renewals of current format due to fuel efficiency and em mission considerations. Read that as meaning electrification.

Given it takes roughly 3-5 years from drawing board. Looking like 2020 earliest for a 50kwhr 1.8litre triple cylinder diesel powered plug in pajero.

Admin Edit: As this is such big news to members of this forum, it's not unexpected that we've had a number of members start threads about it. Rather than have multiple discussions in multiple forums, all the threads have been merged into one thread in "Mitsubishi News". Because the forum software simply organises them by post order, the first page or two may seem a little disjointed. Posts containing links that had been posted previously have also been removed.

Please note that this action is in no way intended as a criticism of anybody who started a thread on this topic. It is big news for most of us, and as such, a valid topic for a thread.

Old 03-12-15
"2000"+ Valued Contributor

Send a message via MSN to sharkcaver Send a message via Skype™ to sharkcaver

A plug in paj = good value for a soccer bus (if you're inclined to go electric)

But an abomination for touring/travelling remote.

They will be handing yota/nissan/isuzu a golden goose unless the new pajero sport can fill the blanks, which I think for most, it will not.

Long live the dinosaur heritage of the gen 4's.

MY16 NX GLX5, Dobinson's HD springs + MRR shocks + Firestone airbags, 17" Toyo Opats, XXX bar, Dominator winch + IB500 relay, Full Bushskinz kit, Rhino track mount, 7" led spots, 23" light bar, SPV block, Ultragauge, Donaldson secondary filter, LRA 81L aux, 105AGM in rear + Projecta IDC25, 2 tier rear shelf + slide, ARB on board compressor, 2.5 x 3.0 awning

NX build

My Journeys
Old 03-12-15
Who ya gunna call....

Considering they haven't done any "real" work on the Pajero in 15 years it makes you wonder.
Old 03-12-15
Valued Member

http://www.worldcarfans.com/11512021...rs-are-planned
Old 03-12-15

Yay. All our Pajeros will now become collectables!!!!!
Old 03-12-15

Not quite how I read it. More saying that the Lancer and Galant are ceasing and the Pajero won't be in the next lineup. From what I've seen over the last few years they've been quietly working on bringing their hybrid tech to the paj for some time. We'll see though.
Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.
Old 03-12-15
Valued Member

Default No plans for successor model to Pajero in any market

Unfortunately, the following article says it all, straight from MMC's CEO:

http://www.autonews.com/article/2015...ed-u-s-rebound

"CEO Osamu Masuko told Automotive News:..............
Mitsubishi also has no plans for a next-generation full-size Pajero SUV, Masuko said. The Pajero was sold as the Montero in the U.S. until being discontinued there in 2006, and there had been speculation that a redesign would return to the U.S. market.
But Masuko said his company now has no plans for a successor model in any market because of fuel economy concerns......................"

Sad news, but not unexpected. I guess this is why the new Challenger is badged Pajero Sport in Australia. I wonder if they will do a major/minor? upgrade to the existing NX, eg, powertrain, interior, etc., or just let it die when it either can't meet the regulations or sales get too low? How well the new Pajero Sport is received may well decide this.
Old 03-12-15

Well there ya go.
Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.
Old 03-12-15
Valued Member

Default Seems we're all driving a collectible

Pajero has been killed off http://www.unsealed4x4.com.au/pajero-to-be-killed-off/

A sad day for Pajero fans worldwide...
Old 03-12-15
Valued Member

Default The Pajero is dead says Mitsubishi CEO.

https://practicalmotoring.com.au/car...itsubishi-ceo/

Sad News.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: