Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > ASX / Outlander/ Eclipse Cross

ASX / Outlander/ Eclipse Cross For the "All Wheel Drive " enthusiasts.

Old 07-10-15
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffwatkins View Post
All these vehicles and more have a DPF
Yep, lots of diesel vehicles have DPFs, and all diesel vehicles sold in Australia after 1 Nov next year will have one. I'm not sure what your point is though Jeff.

ARB Summit front & rear bars and side steps, Carryboy canopy and rack, Safari Snorkel, VRS 9500 winch, Gecko 16x7 rims with BFG 245/75r16 KM3s, Uniden 8080s UHF, Darche 270 awning
Dobinson heavy duty suspension, Harrop rear Elocker, Supertrim Neoprene Seat Covers, Drifta drawers, MSA drop slide, dual battery system and ARB onboard compressor. National Campers Hermit.

Previously a Gunmetal 2007 NS VRX DiD Auto
Old 12-10-15

DPFs have been compulsory fitment since about 2009 here and yes when they first came out there were loads of problems as the manufacturers fine tuned the software to make it work correctly.

My Pajero (Shogun in UK) has one and I monitor it all the time on torque and you wouldn't know it's there but........I do some short trips but mainly longer runs at freeway speeds which DPFs like so no problems for me.

However if you do just city running about then I really wouldn't get the diesel, the only time you hear of issues here are for diesels running around the city and yes as mentioned it's not covered by warranty.

Manufacturers / Dealers here are advising against diesels if most of it's driving are short runs, stop / start etc.

Last edited by gta1898; 12-10-15 at 04:06 PM.
Old 26-05-17

In my ASX I wired an LED to indicate when the rear window demister was active.

Now, before you all say "What the........" I discovered the rear window demister was activated when the vehicle perfoms a DPF burn-off cycle (increases engine load through alternator demand), so fitting an indicator allows me to notice when this is happening and continue driving until it goes off (takes around 15 minutes I found). Gave me comfidence I was not continually (accidentally) interrupting the burn-off and possibly cause longer term problems...
Old 28-05-17

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldEmmGee View Post
I discovered the rear window demister was activated when the vehicle perfoms a DPF burn-off cycle
How on earth have you find it out...
Can anyone check it up if same applies to NS pajero with DPF
Old 29-05-17

I discovered this when I was driving one day and noticed my rear window demisting whilst I was driving along......and wondered why.

As I was working at Mitsubishi HQ (Electrical Accessories development) at the time, it was a simple matter to check the technical specs on the vehicle...

Not sure if it applies to all the range, but may be worth checking.....