Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Mitsubishi News

Mitsubishi News Whats happening in the world of Mitsubishi.

Old 12-08-15
Valued Member

Looking at the Youtube vid, I see it more as an updated Outlander rather than a genuine Pajero. Some reasons....

No Low Range .
There appears to be a centre diff lock switch???
The tailgate is straight off the old Outlander
Spare wheel must be underneath (if it has one at all).
The fuel filler is on the L side (old Pajero is on the Right).
The tyres (and wheels) look far too small for a real Pajero.
The front styling is an evolution of the MY15 Outlander (fugly in my opinion)

I know that there has been a Pajero Sport around for years overseas, and this has been based on the Challenger, but I thinnk this is not a replacement for the real Pajero. Whatever, the thinking must be swinging round to making a smaller, lighter vehicle and (perish the thought) maybe this is it???
Old 13-08-15
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by erad View Post
Looking at the Youtube vid, I see it more as an updated Outlander rather than a genuine Pajero. Some reasons....

No Low Range .
There appears to be a centre diff lock switch???
The tailgate is straight off the old Outlander
Spare wheel must be underneath (if it has one at all).
The fuel filler is on the L side (old Pajero is on the Right).
The tyres (and wheels) look far too small for a real Pajero.
The front styling is an evolution of the MY15 Outlander (fugly in my opinion)

I know that there has been a Pajero Sport around for years overseas, and this has been based on the Challenger, but I thinnk this is not a replacement for the real Pajero. Whatever, the thinking must be swinging round to making a smaller, lighter vehicle and (perish the thought) maybe this is it???
This vehicle is the new Challenger (otherwise known as Pajero Sport or Montero Sport in different markets - these aren't based on the Challenger, they are the same vehicle with a different name). It's based on the newest Triton ute.

It most certainly does have low range. It runs the Mitsubishi Super Select system, the same as in the Pajero and the higher spec Tritons, although this vehicle also has some settings for rock/sand etc which alter pedal response etc.

The tyres and wheels are at least the same size as those on the triton ute (some reports I've read suggested they are the same as the current Pajero) and it has a full size spare under the rear (again, as per the Triton).

ARB Summit front & rear bars and side steps, Carryboy canopy and rack, Safari Snorkel, VRS 9500 winch, Gecko 16x7 rims with BFG 245/75r16 KM3s, Uniden 8080s UHF, Darche 270 awning
Dobinson heavy duty suspension, Harrop rear Elocker, Supertrim Neoprene Seat Covers, Drifta drawers, MSA drop slide, dual battery system and ARB onboard compressor. National Campers Hermit.

Previously a Gunmetal 2007 NS VRX DiD Auto
Old 08-10-15

I googled "2017 Pajero", everything that comes up is for "Pajero Sport".

That is one totally fugly car. You would have to close your eyes every time you walked out the house.

Ugh.

Hopefully it is just another one of those designer day dream sessions.

Regards
Doug
Old 25-03-16

don't believe these 2 are the Paj sport, if new Pajero a bit radical?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJ7Ix70c-mo

http://performancedrive.com.au/2017-...f-roader-2218/
Old 25-03-16
Valued Member

Looks like it was produced at the Astro Boy school of design. But nice to see someone is still thinking of a successor to the current Paj.
BY13/MY14 Pajero NW GLX Auto, Cooper ST Maxx, factory towbar, Drifta drawers, SmartBar, Airtec snorkel, Koni 90 front and Bilstein 6272 rear shocks with Lovell HD springs, Lightforce 170 Halogen driving lights, Brown Davis i/c and sump bash plates, Piranha diff breathers, Fuel Manager primary fuel filter, LRA 81L auxiliary fuel tank, Piranha steel battery tray, Sherpa 9500 lb winch, HPD oil catch can, LockUp Mate, Kaon cargo barrier, Harrop front e-locker
Old 25-03-16
Valued Member

Nice blind spot in the rear windows! Looks like a badly designed Range Rover.
Dark tint: Driftadraws:bushskinz set:tough dog lift:50lt waeco:MSA drop down slide: optima 66AH blue top: oricom cb:GME antenna:120w solar:narva 170 lights:hayman reese brake controller:18/265/65 BFG's :roof basket & bag:SPV MK3.1:ARB compressor: Donaldson fuel filter:breathers:Redarc 40amp:century 120AH dual batt: Blue tongue offroad trekka camper trailer :2016 winch n bar Airtek snorkel
LIVING THE DREAM!! My Build http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=44476
Old 25-03-16
Valued Member

Those things protruding out the sides of the front door windows look like cameras rather than rear-view mirrors? Perhaps the acre of sheet metal behind the rear door windows does not constitute a blind spot? It's all a bit bizarre to me, but I suppose that's what "concept cars" are all about.
BY13/MY14 Pajero NW GLX Auto, Cooper ST Maxx, factory towbar, Drifta drawers, SmartBar, Airtec snorkel, Koni 90 front and Bilstein 6272 rear shocks with Lovell HD springs, Lightforce 170 Halogen driving lights, Brown Davis i/c and sump bash plates, Piranha diff breathers, Fuel Manager primary fuel filter, LRA 81L auxiliary fuel tank, Piranha steel battery tray, Sherpa 9500 lb winch, HPD oil catch can, LockUp Mate, Kaon cargo barrier, Harrop front e-locker
Old 25-03-16
Valued Member

I wish we still got the shorty out here. Still one of the best looking Pajeros IMHO.
That new design looks a bit Rangeroverish to me.
Old 25-03-16
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardie View Post
don't believe these 2 are the Paj sport, if new Pajero a bit radical?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJ7Ix70c-mo

http://performancedrive.com.au/2017-...f-roader-2218/
I wouldn't get too excited that article is from May 2015, late last year Nov/Dec head of MM stated that the next gen pajero has been shelved. The latest articel I read was hinting at the next generation pajero being released in 2021.

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.
Wanting: Rocksliders, 2" lift, snorkel or perhaps I should wait and purchase a NS swb in 12months time.
Old 20-05-17

Isn't the next pajero a platform share with the Titanic sized Patrol?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: