Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Bolted on bits, factory and aftermarket accessories

Bolted on bits, factory and aftermarket accessories Discussion of after-market extras: winches, bull bars, tow bars (and Towing), roof racks, snorkels, and other cool stuff

Old 06-07-15
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladguan View Post
KP3560, I have the ATB towbar. It was actually recommended by Agostino Mitsubishi for not requiring a lift kit. Incidentally, MMAL has been asking MM to change the desing for ages but MM is not interested as it is not an issue in other countries, just Australia, apparently. Anyhow, the ATB one comes with the ECU and wiring and is a bolt-on/plug-in job. I opted for the round pins instead of the flat pins which means the ECU does not turn off the reversing sensors. I quite like it this way as it does not go off unless it is about to jack-knife. The 3T ATB one is also cheaper than the 2.5T HRT and like the HRT, does not require cutting into the bumper. Those in Mile End and Torrensville will know there are some quite deep dips and I have had no issues with those. The tongue is straight, it is just that the whole mounting is below the bumper rather than cutting into it.
Hi Vlad

I notice in your photo you have what appears to be an "ARK" brand towbar tongue - it isn't one of the recalled ones, is it?
Old 06-07-15
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spot01 View Post
Hi Vlad

I notice in your photo you have what appears to be an "ARK" brand towbar tongue - it isn't one of the recalled ones, is it?
Just checked the recalls site and it is for ISUZU Dmax, Holden Rodeo and Holden Colorado with dates for sale between 01/01/2006 and 14/08/2014. Mine was freshly made in March, 2015.
Old 06-07-15
Valued Member

Quote:
Just checked the recalls site and it is for ISUZU Dmax, Holden Rodeo and Holden Colorado with dates for sale between 01/01/2006 and 14/08/2014. Mine was freshly made in March, 2015.
There are 2 recalls - did you check this one?
https://www.recalls.gov.au/content/i...itemId/1073149
Old 06-07-15
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spot01 View Post
There are 2 recalls - did you check this one?
https://www.recalls.gov.au/content/i...itemId/1073149
Ahh, doh, thanks for that. My serial number is A187 so just falls in the recall range. Have rang them and left a message.
Old 06-07-15

Great pickup Spot01

Do you have a yellow 4BY ?
2014 Black VRX NW Pajero - ARB Winch Bar, Dual Battery, Hayman Reese H/Duty Tow kit inc Electric Brake module, Engel 40L Fridge, Sunroof, Tint, Boo's Bash Plates, IPF Spotlights, Kings HD Springs & Bilstein shocks 2" Lift, 58L LRA Aux Fuel Tank, AOB Quad Breather kit, Fuel Manager 2u secondary fuel filter, 120amp Anderson outlet, Roo Systems RTT, GME TX3520W 80ch UHF,Stedi Fog/DRL, Redarc Pyro & Battery gauges, Western Filters Catch Can, 150W Solar Blanket, still in progress
Old 06-07-15
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallfry View Post
Great pickup Spot01

Do you have a yellow 4BY ?
Err...no...
Old 06-07-15

Default Thanks Vlad

Quote:
KP3560, I have the ATB towbar. It was actually recommended by Agostino Mitsubishi for not requiring a lift kit. Incidentally, MMAL has been asking MM to change the desing for ages but MM is not interested as it is not an issue in other countries, just Australia, apparently. Anyhow, the ATB one comes with the ECU and wiring and is a bolt-on/plug-in job. I opted for the round pins instead of the flat pins which means the ECU does not turn off the reversing sensors. I quite like it this way as it does not go off unless it is about to jack-knife. The 3T ATB one is also cheaper than the 2.5T HRT and like the HRT, does not require cutting into the bumper. Those in Mile End and Torrensville will know there are some quite deep dips and I have had no issues with those. The tongue is straight, it is just that the whole mounting is below the bumper rather than cutting into it.

Thank you Vlad, a picture is worth thousands of words.
I think this is the way to go, hopefully they will have the recall on tounge sorted by August when my car arrives
Kevin
Old 26-05-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by KP3560 View Post
Thank you Vlad, a picture is worth thousands of words.
I think this is the way to go, hopefully they will have the recall on tounge sorted by August when my car arrives
Kevin
I cant seem to find "ATB" towbars? Is it Allin towbars. I like this setiup... looks tidy and would love to know where to get ATB.
Old 26-05-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footer51 View Post
I cant seem to find "ATB" towbars? Is it Allin towbars. I like this setiup... looks tidy and would love to know where to get ATB.
Yes, Allin on Richmond road, mile end, SA.