Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Product reviews and New releases

Product reviews and New releases Review of commercial products and latest accessories

Old 02-03-13
Valued Member

Default Bought a coffee dripper

I like to have a nice coffee each day, not a fan of instance. We have a couple of weekends away coming up, so instead of not having a coffee, we bought one of these. Its a campfire coffee espresso maker. Still to use it, will give it a try tomorrow. The cups are small, more of a short black size, but can pour into a bigger one for a latte or capacino. It seems well made. I will update once I have used it.
What do other use when away to make a decent coffee?
Cheers,
Andrew.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130302_195045.jpg (185.3 KB, 308 views)
File Type: jpg 20130302_195237.jpg (178.6 KB, 274 views)

2003 NP DID Manual - rear cargo barrier, dual battery system, drop down table on back door, GME UHF, winch bar and Warn 9000lb winch, 2" lift - Lovells HD springs and Bilstein shocks, Bushskinz intercooler guard, custom sump bash plate, transmission guard and 35w HID driving lights, home build sidesteps, 265/75/16 Summit Mudhog play tyres, rear work light, 120w lightbar - yet to do, rear drawer system.
Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.
Old 02-03-13
Valued Member

This would be my choice. I have the machine at home and it makes a pretty good coffee. Unfortunately my inverter is too small at present. Have run it on the generator though

http://www.sidewinder.com.au/page227aa.html
Old 02-03-13
Valued Member

have to admit I use the cappuccino sachets with some grated white chocolate kind of like the Gloria jeans white chocolate mocha.

but that one you got looks pretty good what was it worth if you don't mind me asking?
2007 NS VRX Cool Siver, Mitsu Alloy BB with spotties, MM towbar, Family Pack, ARB Awning, Duel battery with Optima yellow top starter, Bushskinz intercooler and sump combo, 2" lift with Bilstein shocks and HD Lovels, Ultragauge (Sold 2014)
Old 02-03-13
Valued Member

Never thought about running one of an inverter.
I got this off ebay for $49.99 including shipping. Only down side that I can see so far is it can not be used on a fire or coals. I think that is due to the silicon.
Cheers,
Andrew.

2003 NP DID Manual - rear cargo barrier, dual battery system, drop down table on back door, GME UHF, winch bar and Warn 9000lb winch, 2" lift - Lovells HD springs and Bilstein shocks, Bushskinz intercooler guard, custom sump bash plate, transmission guard and 35w HID driving lights, home build sidesteps, 265/75/16 Summit Mudhog play tyres, rear work light, 120w lightbar - yet to do, rear drawer system.
Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.
Old 02-03-13
Valued Member

I bought the girlfriend one of these bad boys for Xmas so we can make a decent coffee whilst we are away camping.

water in the bottom, coffee in the middle, milk in the top.

Stovetop coffee is new to me and still haven't perfected the art yet, but I'll get there.
Old 02-03-13
Valued Member

like the look of that one Ranger. Does it foam the milk as well?
Cheers,
Andrew.

Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.
Old 02-03-13
Resident

Black coffee makes life so much simpler.

Last year I bought one of these:
http://www.bodum.com/int/en-us/shop/...2-01/?navid=61

Not quite as good as a long black from my machine at home, but I still prefer it to instant. I grind beans before I leave home - but I'm thinking of finding a grinder to take camping.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....
Old 02-03-13
Valued Member

Drinking it black would make it easier. I have a foamer that Vitoria brought out a few years ago. It is the pump kind, looks like it wouldnt do a thing, but does a great job.
Cheers,
Andrew.

Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.
Old 03-03-13
Valued Member

yep stovetop is the go.. my inverter is too small too to run the aldi machine from home, but big enough for the milk frother! So my setup is just a decent stovetop expresso and the milk frother on the inverter Nothing beats it in the red-eye mornings
Old 03-03-13
Valued Member

going to give it a go today. i did a test with water, and when it boiled it came pouring out of the spout.
cheers,
andrew.

Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.