• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GeoCal
    • Apr 2019
    • GEELONG

Hi Everyone,
    I feel like i am going mad trying to install this foot rest.
    I have read through the thread here and it sounds like it should just fit, but if i use the top hole, it is way to LOW, and if i use the botton hole, it is far too HIGH.
    What am i doing wrong here?!
    Attached Files

Comment

• NWDarwin
      • Jun 2018
      • Canberra

Have you pulled the carpet up and taken out the white block of foam underneath?

Comment

• GeoCal
        • Apr 2019
        • GEELONG

Originally posted by NWDarwin View Post
        Have you pulled the carpet up and taken out the white block of foam underneath?
        Forgot to mentition that,
        I sure did, i have tried it with the foam in, and out.
        I even tried it leaving that little side piece bit in too!

Comment

• NWDarwin
          • Jun 2018
          • Canberra

Mine is through the bottom hole, but the bolt doesn’t come through at 90 degrees. I’d try to flatten the carpet against the floor, then put it through the bottom hole and try to push the footrest into position as best you can and tighten the nut. Hope that makes sense.

Comment

• GeoCal
            • Apr 2019
            • GEELONG

Following on from my initial question, I now have the footrest in my NX.
            I had to make the following modifications to make it fit.
            I cut the top part of the foam block, and anchored it to the floor under the carpet with double sided tape. You can see the piece that was left over in the photo.
            Then i grabbed some spare plywood and padded out the top of the footrest to rest on the foam block under the carpet. Secured it with a screw so it would stay on the footrest.
            Then simply installed the footrest using the bottom hole for the threaded rod, and it now sits perfectly!
            Might not have been the easiest install, but I feel confident putting my full weight on the foot rest and it doesnt move at all!
            Attached Files

Comment

• Pushbike
              • Jun 2017
              • Sydney

Re Rosebush post #100
              Hi,
              Good concise report.
              Pajero NX GLX MY17, OEM Rubber mats, OEM Towbar and tongue, After market Rev. Sensors, MSA4x4 seat covers, OEM nudge bar.

Remember the science demonstration of a table covered with mouse traps loaded with ping pong balls and the teacher drops a ping pong ball into the middle.
              Well, the ball has been dropped.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X