Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Electrical / Radios

Electrical / Radios Discussion of electrical systems and accessories.

Old 02-06-12
Valued Member

Send a message via MSN to peter92 Send a message via Skype™ to peter92
Default wanted: frequency for my remote

hi all, i want to get an after market remote for my nl escape 99
now how would i find out what frequency it uses
i was going to get one from the usa and they said that it wont work here because the frequency is differant
regards peter
SKYPE NAME possum.58
Old 02-06-12
"valued 3000+ member"

ah remote? for what? it is likely they were referring to the radios not being on the same frequency range

'89 NG Paj, 3L V6, now running 2" suspension lift, 33" Micky T Baja Claws's, Front LOKKA & 12,000lb winch
Old 02-06-12
Valued Member

no, definately emobilsa remote, pickle told me, i would have to find the right frequency for the remote and then buy the one thats right
regards peter
SKYPE NAME possum.58
Old 02-06-12
"valued 3000+ member"

possibly reword your post then to say you're chasing an immobiliser remote, what brand?

'89 NG Paj, 3L V6, now running 2" suspension lift, 33" Micky T Baja Claws's, Front LOKKA & 12,000lb winch
Old 02-06-12
Valued Member

no i dont need to change the title because seeing they only came out with one remote and if poeple read what im asking im sure they will understand what im looking for. the radio oesnt have one and central locking is on the same remote
so one remote but i need the frequency of that remote
regards peter
SKYPE NAME possum.58
Old 03-06-12

I'm not sure how handy a frequency range for remote locking would be for you...you would still need to know the 'exact frequency' your vehicle is programmed for otherwise you will be able to open any vehicle with a similar range.
You used to be able to get a programmable remote key ring for cars and garage doors from the likes of dicksmith and tandy but for the keyring to 'learn' the frequency you would still need a working unit for the frequency to be picked up.
Cluey theives picked up on this several years ago and discovered that if they had one of these, they could hang out at shopping centre carparks and have their little programmable remote unit 'learn' nearby keyless entry remotes as shoppers locked their cars to go in and do the shopping (giving them access to people cars and stealing personal belongings etc as well as making it easier to steal the car)...they were only around $40+ at the time, but since the carpark crime wave I havent seen them available over the counter, in saying that I'm sure there are kits still out there.
Like I said though, youd still need a working remote unit for it to learn the frequency.
Old 03-06-12
Valued Member

hi nugget, mm said they can get me one, even thou i lost mine, for a nice sum of $387.00, so they must already no what the new signal code is.what do you recon

regards peter
SKYPE NAME possum.58
Old 03-06-12
"valued 3000+ member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter92 View Post
no i dont need to change the title because seeing they only came out with one remote and if poeple read what im asking im sure they will understand what im looking for. the radio oesnt have one and central locking is on the same remote
so one remote but i need the frequency of that remote
regards peter
By the sounds you're saying it's a factory unit and you want an aftermarket remote? Why can't you explain yourself more clearly, get someone who has no idea of what you're chasing to read your first post and then see if they can figure out you're chasing a remote for your immobiliser.

If it's a genuine immobiliser then you would be hard pressed to find an aftermarket one. You do realise that it will be a unique frequency, I mean, what's the point of having an immobiliser if everyone with the same car can start it? Mitsubishi know it because it would be unique to your VIN.

Old 03-06-12

Hey Peter 92
Why don?t you take a photo so baker boy can understand what you are on about (he?s the only one whit a problem)
Regards
John
Old 03-06-12
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerboy View Post

If it's a genuine immobiliser then you would be hard pressed to find an aftermarket one. You do realise that it will be a unique frequency, I mean, what's the point of having an immobiliser if everyone with the same car can start it? Mitsubishi know it because it would be unique to your VIN.
I agree this is why Mits will know from the Vin #.. Not sure if the 1 for your model is like the NM which you program or sync with the vehicle. So the NM remote's are generic till programmed. Can anyone confirm the NL is the same or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
Hey Peter 92
Why don?t you take a photo so baker boy can understand what you are on about (he?s the only one whit a problem)
Regards
John
I can understand some would get a little confused not knowing the model..

Gus.

How to get Forum Decals