Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-2 Pajero

Generation 4-2 Pajero NT model 2009 - 2011

Old 01-05-17

Just replaced my rear wheel bearing after 190,000 kms. Only reason I had to replace was my Mitsubishi Service department badly dinted the cap for the main axle nut and water was getting in and rusted the bearings out.

It was really easy job to do accept when I bought the wheel bearing it didn't come with the hub attached and therefore you need to press the bearing off the wheel hub. 4 hours later as it was rusted on and we didn't have a press but we eventually got it off with a $60 Gear puller from Super Cheap which we had to slightly customise.

Bearings were $194 from CBC Bearings in Sunshine VIC.

Saved $550 doing it ourselves.

Starter Moter is next job now. Mitsubishi wants $1550 bucks, I think it will cost me under $50 to replace the brushes.

After Market:
ARB Deluxe Bull Bar / Old Man Emu Springs and Shocks / ARB Fridge Freezer / ARB Portable Compressor / ARB Dual Battery Sytem / BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A 275/65/17 Warn Winch 9000lbs / UHF CB / Clarion HD TV, DVD, Reversing Camera, Bluetooth, Sat Nav with Rear Screens / Kingd Awning / Kings Tradies Rack / Kings Led Light Bar

DIY Camper Trailer
Old 17-07-19

Default How to replace Wheel Bearings and Hubs on Pajero

Hi Guys,

I've had to change a couple of Wheel Bearings and Hubs on my Pajero now.

Heres a How to Your Tube Video with a blow by blow that i put togther.

https://youtu.be/LRPonbzo6z0

https://youtu.be/w4IwtuJDkXI

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Dave

After Market:
ARB Deluxe Bull Bar / Old Man Emu Springs and Shocks / ARB Fridge Freezer / ARB Portable Compressor / ARB Dual Battery Sytem / BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A 275/65/17 Warn Winch 9000lbs / UHF CB / Clarion HD TV, DVD, Reversing Camera, Bluetooth, Sat Nav with Rear Screens / Kingd Awning / Kings Tradies Rack / Kings Led Light Bar

DIY Camper Trailer
Old 18-07-19
Valued Member

dabela1972: Great coverage of the job. I hope that I don't have to do it myself, but if I do, I now have your youtube addresses recorded. I was surprised that you could get the old hub out without a puller.
Old 18-07-19

Yes the 1st one was a nightmare but the second one becuase the hub was attached was a breeze.

Hope i could be helpful.

Dave

After Market:

DIY Camper Trailer
Old 20-07-19
Valued Member

Great vid and one of the best “how to” guides I’ve seen on YouTube.

I’ve tapped the hub assembly out by screwing the four bolts in a number of threads and sequentially tapping each bolt with a mallet. I wouldn’t be keen using this method if you find you really want to wallop a stuck hub in case of damaging threads either on the hub assembly or the bolts themselves.

Also the hub nut and cotter pin are supposed to be single use. I think the nut is $8 from Amayama plus the shipping of course. Probably $25 from the dealer though.
NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread