Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Mitsubishi News

Mitsubishi News Whats happening in the world of Mitsubishi.

Old 18-07-19
Administrator

Default 2020 Pajero NX

Yesterday Mitsubishi Motors Australia released the brand new 2020 Pajero and it's built for adventure, whatever you put in front of the Pajero, it will prevail .
“The authenticity and capability of the #Pajero is what our customers like the most,” said John Signoriello, Mitsubishi Motors Australia CEO. “Pajero drivers know they can depend on it when they take on their next challenge – whether that means heading out to the outback or towing. It’s an iconic part of our Australian product line-up.”

https://www.mitsubishi-motors.com.au...s/pajero/range

No more Exceed

Mitsubishi Australia has cut its ageing Pajero line-up from three flavours to two, ditching the top-tier Exceed while carrying on with the GLX and GLS priced at $53,990 before on-road costs and $59,490 respectively.
While pricing has remained static for Pajero variants, specification has increased with the addition of HID headlights with auto-levelling, washers and automatic high beams as standard across the board.
Carryover equipment includes a reversing camera, cruise control, seven seats, air-conditioning in the rear, 17-inch wheels and 7.0-inch multimedia system with Apple CarPlay/Android Auto compatibility.

The new GLS range-topper also gains a 12-speaker sound system and subwoofer from Rockford Fosgate in the update, alongside its already standard rear parking sensors, automatic wipers and headlights, heated and powered front seats, 18-inch wheels, and cargo blind.
As before, the 2020 Pajero will continue to be powered by a 3.2-litre turbo-diesel four-cylinder engine, which produces 141kW of power at 3800rpm and 441Nm of torque from 2000rpm.
With drive sent to all four wheels via a five-speed automatic transmission, official fuel consumption readings are pegged at 9.1 litres per 100km.
Mitsubishi’s updated Pajero is also underpinned by the brand’s ‘Super Select II’ four-wheel-drive (4WD) system, featureing a rear differential lock and four driving modes – 2H, 4H, 4HLc and 4LLc.
Off-road credentials are also bolstered by a 45-degree incline, 35-degree climbing, 36.6-degree approach, 22.5-degree ramp breakover and 25-degree departure angles.
Underpinning the Pajero is a double wishbone front suspension with coil springs and a stabiliser bar, while the rear axle features a multi-link set-up.

Externally, there are no changes to the 2020 Pajero. Colours available include three pearlescent shades (‘Warm white’, ‘Terra Rossa’ and ‘Pitch black’) and four metallic hues (‘Cool silver’, ‘Ironbark’, ‘Graphite’ and ‘Pitch black’).
Courtesy of Cars Guide
Old 18-07-19
Resident

I wonder if they've dropped the Exceed badge to make the Pajero Sport Exceed their flagship luxury off-roader? I don't normally follow specs that well, but with all the extra goodies they've added to the GLS, how close will it now be to the former Exceed spec?

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box
Old 18-07-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickle View Post
Externally, there are no changes to the 2020 Pajero. Colours available include three pearlescent shades (‘Warm white’, ‘Terra Rossa’ and ‘Pitch black’) and four metallic hues (‘Cool silver’, ‘Ironbark’, ‘Graphite’ and ‘Pitch black’)
Glad to see they have brought back the Ironback shade. Despite being a popular color, I was shocked to see they had discontinued it in between, from what I remember.
Old 18-07-19

Bringing back the 17”’rims on the GLX seems a good move for those of us who go offroad.
Old 19-07-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DID Dash View Post
Bringing back the 17”’rims on the GLX seems a good move for those of us who go offroad.
I missed the bit about the 17" wheels.

Looks like the blurb does not match the specs. One says 147kw the other 141.

Still beats me how some heated seats and a few other bits can add $7,000 to the price.

No different to other cars I know - just seems these upper models are the real cash cow.
Great anyway to see they've squeezed another year out of the Pajero.
MM Lockup mate. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with Light Force Spotties. Provent catch can. LED interior lights.
Old 20-07-19
Valued Member

I’d say it is 141kW. The 147 spec was before the DPF.
NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread
Old 20-07-19
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajshomoneroguntero View Post
I’d say it is 141kW. The 147 spec was before the DPF.
It is 141 Kw and 441 Nm .Reporters not doing their research. Edited in original post.
Old 23-07-19

They have also added Emergency Brake Assist (EDIT My MY17 brochure shows that it has EBA not sure why the media is saying this is new?)

Low and high beam are now HID

Last edited by s311_bvm; 23-07-19 at 10:56 PM.
Old 24-07-19
Valued Member

Does it have digital speedo?
NW 2014 MY14 GLX-R, towbar, spare tyre lift kit, Safari snorkel, Milford cargo barrier, "Bushskinz" and "Basha" bashplates, UHF, Air compressor, SPV EGR Mod, Rhino Pioneer platform, MM Towbar, Redarc TowPro brake controler, 2.5" lift kit by Ultimate Suspension, 265/70/17 BFG KO2 AT LT, Opposite Lock Bullbar, VRS winch, Lightforce Genesis LED driving lights.
Old 24-07-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
Does it have digital speedo?
No

Previously
88 NF SWB 2.6 manual
92 NH LWB 3.0 auto
92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
95 NJ SWB 3.0 auto
99 Cruiser 4.5 manual with all the fruit