Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Electrical / Radios

Electrical / Radios Discussion of electrical systems and accessories.

Old 07-03-12

Send a message via Skype™ to EXTNIX
Default Rear inner dome light not working

Hi guys,

All other inner dome lights are working fine except the rear one on the roof. I have tried all the settings i.e. Door and constant but no go. Have changed the globe too 8W , still no go, even though the original globe was ok.

Just wondering if there is a separate fuse for this? or any one else has encountered this problem?

Thanks,

Asad.
Old 08-03-13

I have just had the same problem. Replaced the globe, and seems to be power there after testing with multimeter. Seems odd. Is this light linked with another light that is keeping this light off?
Any ideas is appreciated.

NS 25th Anniversary Pajero, DID Auto
Accessories fitted: ARB Delux Bar, TJM Snorkel, ARB Dual Batteries, Milford Cargo Barrier, Fourby Fitout storage system, ARB Onboard Compressor, Goodyear Wrangler MT's with 17 x 7.5 Speedy Grande rims, UHF radio, Bush Skinz bash plates and side steps.
Old 09-03-13

If there is power on one side of the lamp, check for a ground on the other side. In the "on" position, the lamp should be grounded through the light assembly. In the "door" position, the lamp should be grounded through the plunger switch that senses when the door open. According to the NP wiring diagram, the one fuse does all the interior dome lights and map lights, and the door warning lamps on the instrument panel. I'd imagine the NS would be similar.
Old 09-03-13

Mine did the exact same thing with the regular globes so I decided to buy some smd's and it has always come on when I open any of the doors also throws alot more white light
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/10x-12-SM...item1c2b188186
Old 10-03-13

Guys, very embarrassed. I bought the LED festoon lights to replace the broken globe, and when i put it in, it did not work (as per my post above). Being new tot he LED game, didnt realise they were + - sensitive (unlike the old fashion globes). Decided to try the LED again, but the other way around , and sure enough, it nearly blinded me. Throws out a heap more light. Looks like i need to buy another 4 more to replace all the other ones .

NS 25th Anniversary Pajero, DID Auto
Accessories fitted: ARB Delux Bar, TJM Snorkel, ARB Dual Batteries, Milford Cargo Barrier, Fourby Fitout storage system, ARB Onboard Compressor, Goodyear Wrangler MT's with 17 x 7.5 Speedy Grande rims, UHF radio, Bush Skinz bash plates and side steps.
Old 10-03-13

Yes its a good idea not to look at them lol I replaced the rear, cabin and also the map lights even the ones in the doors their all 31mm festoon click on the link in my post above
Old 14-07-19

Hey guys,
I went camping this weekend and everytime i opened the rear boot door, the dome light turned on. Then someone else opened it and the dome light would not turn on with the door but it would turn on with the switch. The dome light comes on when the other doors are open but it won't turn on if just the rear door opens. This is annoying as it was alot of darkness and opening and closing of the door to access my drawers for cookware etc. Any idea what this could be?

EDIT: I just had to take out one screw for the rear door push-pin style thing, disconnect it and blew it out. There was a ton of sand in it. All good now. 30 second fix

Last edited by KPJero; 16-07-19 at 06:12 AM.
Old 14-07-19
Valued Member

The lights will time out after a while if ignition switched on to save the battery. You have to turn ignition off and on from memory.

If its not that it could be the rear door switch fault.

Previously
88 NF SWB 2.6 manual
92 NH LWB 3.0 auto
92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
95 NJ SWB 3.0 auto
99 Cruiser 4.5 manual with all the fruit