Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > GPS Tech / Navigation

GPS Tech / Navigation Discussion on GPS units. Maps and laptops

Old 12-07-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicko1 View Post
I ditched my Hema and went android. Put Hema maps on android plus ozi-explorer and I-Go for street. So much better than the slow old Hema Hn-7. Perfect for street mode with I-Go. . $350 for android (samsung 8 inch or now 10inch for $380) Hema around $600. I found ExplorOz the best to use for "go to destination" as it immediately gave you a route to follow....like google maps but on topo maps. Hema and ozi explore take way too long and dont have this go-to feature.
Yes that does sound alot better. Hema sound like an awful group who don't stand behind their own gear.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Got this response from Hema: Typically if the unit is mounted in a place in the vehicle where it cannot see the sky by line-of-sight, it will hinder the GPS fix from the satellites.

Not sure what to do now I had planned on mounting it right in front of the radio controls just above air con control dials. i hate mounting on glass those suction caps never stay put so i refuse to do that.