Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-1 Pajero

Generation 4-1 Pajero NS Model 2006 - 2009

Old 2 Weeks Ago

Default Whatís this Front Suspension

Hi, this bit is sloppy and I think making a noise but I donít know what itís called. Itís on pass side (only) of front suspension and clearly is some sort of sensor link mounted onto the frame but with a drop link to the arm. Iíve searched Partsouq but canít see it there.
Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A6EEABEC-797E-4A7F-8020-C5B252DC7EC8.jpg (33.0 KB, 84 views)

2008 NS DiD Exceed. MM factory alloy full bar, Autosafe cargo barrier, Roley's rear bash plate, Uniden 8080 UHF, Baintech powertop aux battery in cargo area (removable), Jaycar battery isolator, fire ext mounted in place of rear door handle, Redarc EBC, BushSkinz IC & sump. ARB Frontier replacement fuel tank, Pedders track rider suspension. Lockup Mate.
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Looks like hid self leveling sensor

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Yup thats what it is

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Brilliant, thanks. Never thought of that.

2008 NS DiD Exceed. MM factory alloy full bar, Autosafe cargo barrier, Roley's rear bash plate, Uniden 8080 UHF, Baintech powertop aux battery in cargo area (removable), Jaycar battery isolator, fire ext mounted in place of rear door handle, Redarc EBC, BushSkinz IC & sump. ARB Frontier replacement fuel tank, Pedders track rider suspension. Lockup Mate.
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Farrrrr out. $503 from partsouq but not avail and $723 from Mitsi Motors!!!

Off to the wreckers.

Old 2 Weeks Ago

This is what brings the auto headlamp leveller icon on my dash at times - it comes on its own stays for some time and then go away - especially on bad winding roads.

Anything from a maintenance perspective that I shud be doing to make this less erratic.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

For info there is also the same set up at the rear on passenger side.

Garc, when you say its sloppy which part? Is it the sensor part itself or the armature/balljoint part?

Previously
88 NF SWB 2.6 manual
92 NH LWB 3.0 auto
92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
95 NJ SWB 3.0 auto
99 Cruiser 4.5 manual with all the fruit
Old 2 Weeks Ago

The sloppy bit is the shaft going into the body of the sensor mounted on the frame. Might be a loose bush there or the shaft itself,
Anyway Iíve bought a replacement whole unit (mounting plate, sensor, and drop link) from China (Kowze) for $150 incl shipping. Now the nervous wait to see if it arrives!

Old 1 Week Ago

Default Fixed

RESULT! Part arrived today (1 week from ordering) and fitted perfectly. Has SOLVED the quiet knock from going over very small bumps such as joins in the bitumen. Iíve been chasing that for months! The shaft on the old sensor was worn and moved up and down rather than rotating.