Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Where the rubber hits the road.

Where the rubber hits the road. Discussion about drive train; (locking) diffs; wheels; hubs; suspension and, of course, tyres

Old 1 Week Ago
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicko1 View Post
I,m not paying a tyre store to take tyre off. You will have to do this when batteries need changing..12-18 months...external are easy.
The three different systems I've had, the internal sensor batteries are not replaceable, but last for 5 years. Then the sensors need to be replaced, if you can find replacements.

Or you could buy a new system. My current Masten system was a little over $200 for a 5 tyre system. If it lasts 5 years, thats less than $50 per year. I'll spend a more on than that on tyres, balancing and wheel alignments - excluding rotations, that I now do myself.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj swb View Post
The three different systems I've had, the internal sensor batteries are not replaceable, but last for 5 years. Then the sensors need to be replaced, if you can find replacements.

Or you could buy a new system. My current Masten system was a little over $200 for a 5 tyre system. If it lasts 5 years, thats less than $50 per year. I'll spend a more on than that on tyres, balancing and wheel alignments - excluding rotations, that I now do myself.

Your right about the sensor batteries. External 12-18 months and internal 4-5 years (have heard of issues before this time though with both types). sO SOUNDS LIKE INTERNAL SENSORS HARD TO FIND..
Old 1 Week Ago

Iíve run a Tyredog external TPMS for the past 5 years and itís saved me numerous times. Biggest advantage is through other family drivers like the wife & kids. They now understand the importance of tyre pressure and alert me if something isnít right.

The nice thing about external sensors is the system can be swapped around to other cars. We have often take out Audi on road trips and car doesnít have a spare instead it uses a tyre repair kit. That would work fine with a puncture but shredding the rubber isnít fixable. Need to catch problem much sooner than that.
Old 1 Week Ago

G`day ,
I have used tyre dog but have been using Safety Dave for the last 5 yrs . Both are valve cap systems and work well , however I prefer the Safety Dave unit. Both give you pressure and temperature readings .
Cheers,
Wilyum