Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 01-07-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by erad View Post
Maybe immobiliser issues? If it is random, when it does play up, try to get a code at that time.
True, I'll try get a code next time it happens.

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.
Old 01-07-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by erad View Post
Maybe immobiliser issues? If it is random, when it does play up, try to get a code at that time.
If the Immobiliser hada problem, then the Engine wouldn't even turn over ?
Old 01-07-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike DiD View Post
If the Immobiliser hada problem, then the Engine wouldn't even turn over ?
The engine will crank over for sure if the immobiliser is interfering. it will not fire though, because the fuel would be cut off. I am 95% certain this applies to the diesel versions. In my petrol NL, it would still start on gas when I used a non-coded key. All the immobiliser did was to cut off the fuel.
Old 01-07-19
Valued Member

All good info guy's. Just gotta wait till it happens again. When it does I'll report back here any findings.

ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.
Old 06-07-19
Valued Member

So it happened yesterday morning when I was leaving work. It did bring up a code. P5013 Powertrain fault. Incorrect immobilizer key. What's interesting is that I was using my spare key which is an Ebay cheapie which I had cut and coded at my local locksmith. Then I programmed the lock and unlock buttons to work using instructions found on here somewhere. Maybe the key is the issue here. Certainly seems that way.