Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-1 Pajero

Generation 4-1 Pajero NS Model 2006 - 2009

Old 30-06-19

Default Vacuum source for Solenoids.

Gday all, Have a Triton issue, but no triton owners seem to able to give any info, so I thought Id try a Pajero page as it seems the same issue effects Pajeros.

Have an 07, Petrol Auto Triton and the green 4wd light flashes / flickers while in 2wd. Research indicates that the vac solenoids are stuffed which lock / unlock the auto hubs, however when I looked into it today it seems as though I have no vacuum going to these solenoids. I can only see one hose which would supply vacuum, which has about a 20cm rubber hose with a check valve? in it, then turns into a steel hose along the firewall to some sort of a valve on top passenger side of intake manifold (shown circled in red in pic) . I removed this valve and cant see how it could supply vacuum. Can anyone tell me if this is it, or if not WHERE the vacuum source is? Or any other info to assist? Thanks

https://ibb.co/QFbV05t
Old 05-07-19

Anyone? Im sure someone MUST know where the source of vacuum is?
Old 05-07-19
Valued Member

G'day mate,

Sorry no one has chimed in yet. I have not personally had to sort this proble out but here is a post talking aboute vacuum source being from up at the intake manifold. The post is from a gen 3 pajero but I if you Triton is Super Select system I believe it would be the same.

https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=35003

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.
Wanting: Rocksliders, 2" lift, snorkel or perhaps I should wait and purchase a NS swb in 12months time.