Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Where the rubber hits the road.

Where the rubber hits the road. Discussion about drive train; (locking) diffs; wheels; hubs; suspension and, of course, tyres

Old 02-07-19

Just swapped my suspension out last night and this post and the following link were invaluable.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9avQNkfUyPw

The only issue I had was when I removed the rear springs, I found the rubber pads above and below the spring were worn and deformed. The lower pads are still usable for now, but the top ones were well deformed.

Rear Suspension Pad 1.jpg
As it was late at night and I needed to drive, I fit them back in as best I could. As soon as I drove off the noise was horrible, the spring seemed to be rubbing metal.

Today I ordered new ones, but its over a week to get them so I made some temporary ones from 5mm heavy duty rubber
Rear Suspension Pad with temp.jpg
The noise is gone, so they must be working

Thanks again for the great post
2007 NS Pajero GLS Diesel. Factory rear diff lock. Custom rear bumper guard. Custom side steps. Boos front three 3mm bash plates. Maxxis AT980. Couple of CB radios. Provent 200. Traction control diff lock mod. ASFIR hidden winch mount with Domin8r X 12,000lb winch. Dobinsons raised springs and shocks. TJM snorkel