Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-1 Pajero

Generation 4-1 Pajero NS Model 2006 - 2009

Old 4 Weeks Ago

Default 35 Engine Fail, U1120, P0106, P1299

Well after all the mucking around with the DPF I had earlier this year the Paj has been running beautifully until now.

Now I am getting limp mode, with 35 Engine Fail, U1120, P0106, P1299 codes.

I don't have a pressure pump and can't find any hose leaks.

Is there a way that I can measure the pressures with my iCarsoft OBDII diagnostic tool.

Other option is to pull off the egr and have a look but was hoping to avoid that if I could.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I was planning on going 4WDing this weekend and probably wont have time to pull off and clean the inlet manifold before hand.

Cheers
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

U1120, Our mechanic calls that a BS code. We have it regularly. Doesn't seem to affect anything.

P0106, Could be a faulty MAP.

P1299 Is turbo under boost. Your Carsoft will be able to read the boost pressure.

Check the thin hose from the MAP to the manifold. They are known to leak after a while.

I can't see it being the EGR.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the help,

I was going to take the egr off so I could check the inlet manifold to see if it was carboned up.

I did a test with the carsoft. First it idealed about 113 KPA then it dropped to 99.9 after I went for a drive. Was able to get it up to 160KPA while driving though.

Not sure if any of those figures mean anything to anyone as they don't mean much to me.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

To bring kPa figures to 'real' terms, divide them by 6.89. This gives readings in psi, which most of us old farts on this forum understand. so the readings are 16.4, 14.7 and 23.2 psi. The two lower readings may be a bit low, but it depends on what RPM the engine was doing at the time. 23psi is maybe a bit high.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

I agree with bruce carnt see it being the egr & check that the tube from the map sensor to the manifold isnt blocked & the hole in the manifold where the tube connects to.I had the p1299 code on my ns & it was the turbo vains stuck open & this was found on a dyno.,hope its not your turbo.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Thanks all for the help,

I think I have a temporary solution. I took off all the vacuum cables and checked them - all seemed ok.

The nipple into the inlet manifold was completely block though. Did the alan key job on it to clear it and the codes left all by themselves.

Will hopefuly get me through the weekend and will try find time next weekend to take off the manifold and give it a good clean.