Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Where the rubber hits the road.

Where the rubber hits the road. Discussion about drive train; (locking) diffs; wheels; hubs; suspension and, of course, tyres

Old 19-06-19

Default NP: Bilstein c clip location on OME springs? 15mm more lift

Hello all, I’m in the middle of installing my front suspension on my 2003 3.8 Montero/Pajero. I have Bilstein front and rear shocks with OME light duty front coils and medium rear. My car is sitting about 15mm low in the front (goal is for the truck to be level). I ordered a 6mm spacer to sit above my front struts mount which should gain me about 12mm of lift.
I now just realized that the Bilsteins have 2 clip locations, and I have mine installed in the lower position netting me less lift. To my knowledge there OME springs are standard height but give lift based off the spring rate, and I probably should have used the upper mounting location?
My question is, what is better, to have the spring essentially being preloaded to achieve more lift, or the strut spacer (effectively lengthening the overall strut length)?
I can’t find much info on the c-clip and effect on spring rate, and nothing using the search,any information would be helpful.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C9802B9A-06A2-4C48-BFD4-5589F02EA208.jpg (59.3 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by mbialick; 20-06-19 at 02:04 AM.