Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 1 Pajero

Generation 1 Pajero NA - NG Models 1983 - 1991

Old 17-03-13

Default Front diff breather.

Hi Guys. Just wondering how people have attached a breather line to the front diff?

I know about the little button thing I popped the cap off, But can't get my head in for a proper look. Does the plastic thing under the cap unscrew, or pop out or something?
Old 22-03-13

Well since noone answered.. I will answer.

The white/black bit under the metal cap DOES come out.

Go in through the engine bay and grab it with pliers and pull straight out.

You will end up with something like this

well except the metal bit will be white plastic.

I had a breather kit that has thes metal screw in tube/pipe holder deals, They have a threaded bit on the bottom.

I cut the white plastic tube off, drilled out the bigger bit so that I could thread in my breather bit, and threaded it in..

After I took this shot, just to make sure, I run a small bead of silicon around the edge of the metal bit to seal it completely to the plastic bit.

THEN i run some more silicon around the large plastic bit where it sits inside the hole in the diff..

Push the whole thing back into the hole in the diff, and smooth out the silicon that squeezes out so you end up with a 100% waterproof breather.

Enjoy
Old 22-03-13

oh, and add the hose/pipe/tube obviously..
Old 22-03-13
"valued 3000+ member"

I just slipped a hose after I took the factory dust cap off and ran it into the engine bay.

'89 NG Paj, 3L V6, now running 2" suspension lift, 33" Micky T Baja Claws's, Front LOKKA & 12,000lb winch
Old 24-04-19

Hey Bakerboy, what's the process for doing the front diff? I've got to do mine in a hurry tonight after work before the shops close so trying to get as much info as possible. does a piece of fuel hose slip on ok to whatever is in the top of the front diff?