• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rykiel575
    • Sep 2017
    • Sydney

NSW cheaper CTP for 0 demerit point drivers

Hi guys
    Just a heads up if you live in NSW and have 0 demerit points.

I just rego'd my car for another year and using this gov site
    The Green Slip Check is a quick and easy way to get a CTP Green Slip quote comparison from all insurers for the most common vehicle types and circumstances. Just answer some basic questions and we'll do the rest.

I was able to knock off a bit over $150 on my CTP as I didnt have any demerit points.

I knew about the half price licence renewal fee if you have no demerit points but this CTP thing was new to me.

Hope this helps someone.
    2012 NW Pajero GXL 3.2L
  • erad
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2015
    • Cooma NSW

I couldn't find any reference to discounts for clean driving record in the link provided. How did you find out about this?

Comment

• GHendo
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2012
      • Northern NSW

Hmmm … Well, I just put all my details into that website and ended up with my current provider, NRMA, being the cheapest. It actually quoted a few cents more than the renewal slip I had from them, so if I am getting a better rate for having 0 demerits, they must have already known about it.

Good tip anyway … I’m always on the lookout for cheaper ways to register the car. The registration itself is $532, so with the CTP slip added, I’m up for $880. Think you chaps in Qld. get a better rate than that though – and no inspection needed – that's about another $35 or $40.

Cheers

Geoff
      03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• Dicko1
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2014
        • Cairns, FNQ

$721.60 here in Qld. $550 for seniors/pensioners

CTP is $344.20 rego....$321.35 and Traffic Improvement Fee (whatever this piece of bullshit tax is) $56.50
        Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• NFT5
          Valued Member
          • Apr 2011
          • Canberra

Think I'll move to Queanbeyan.

Received my rego renewal 2 days ago - $1150.00, including $525.20 CTP (ACT, of course).
          Chris

Comment

• rykiel575
            • Sep 2017
            • Sydney

I put my details in where you put in 0 demerit.

I think it may have been qbe, allianz or another one specific.. the nrma one which i was with prior had the same price.

It was basically 550ish then 600ish then 700ish
            2012 NW Pajero GXL 3.2L

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X