Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Where the rubber hits the road.

Where the rubber hits the road. Discussion about drive train; (locking) diffs; wheels; hubs; suspension and, of course, tyres

Old 10-07-15
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungie View Post
Thanks Patagonia, but I am more looking for people's actual expieriences. Not reLly interested in manufacturers claims of sizing.

Cheers
Fare enough, anyways I tend to believe tirerack makes their own measurements as you can find the same amount of info for all models and its usually info manufacturers donīt show as tread width or revolutions per mile, take a look.
2009 SWB NS 3.2 DOHC DID AT 265/70/17 BFG AT/KO, OME SD Springs +4 Rear locker, 8.500 Lbs Winch...new toy!!!
Old 10-07-15

I live in Darwin. Purchased a set of Cooper A/T3's for my Pajero. Have done 35,000 kms, no problems until now. Went to have a balance, wheel rotation and wheel alignment only to be told my two rear tyre treads were separating. No way cannot be, but yes it's true. I began asking around, I live in a caravan park in Darwin and to my surprise other Cooper tyre owners in the park were having issues with their tyres as well. Further investigation reveals a common factor HEAT!!! Cooper tyres do not perform well up here due to it being hot, very hot.
So be warned. Enquiries with some tyre dealers up here confirm this. Down South they are fine, up here problems arise. I wonder if others have experienced this problem as well, thanks Maj the Paj.

My Pajero came with Coopers on it and within a short time mine also suffered from ply seperation, they were replaced with Hankook Dynapro and I couldn't be happier. They are wearing well, great in the wet excellent on the beach and off road. Running them with 38 psi on the Hwy off road 28 psi and on the beach between 15 and 12 psi depending on the sand.
I would recomend them as an excellent all rounder.
Allan
Maj the PajView Public ProfileSend a private message to Maj the PajSend email to Maj the PajFind all posts by Maj the PajAdd Maj the Paj to Your Contacts
Old 10-07-15
Valued Member

There's three quick votes (plus mine) for Hankook Dynapro AT-M tyres. {All Terrain-Mud capable} The below statement from their promo is accurate.

Hankook Dynapro AT-M
Quote:
"Premium aggressive" All-Terrain for PICKUP, VAN & Sport Utility Vehicle. Innovative tread & sidewall design to enhance the style of your vehicle. Developed for the most powerful PICKUP, The Dynapro ATM offers best grip & acceleration under ALL road conditions.
99 NL Escape 3.5L V6 LWB Wagon, "Aisin Auto", MM Alum Protector Bar, MM factory 'steel' underbody protector plates, Engine oil cooler, Transmission oil cooler, Side rails, Flares, MM Alloy wheels, HANKOOK Dynapro ATM LT tyres, Aftermarket Alarm, MM A.I.S. HPR15 Penrite engine oil. Penrite LS140 diff oil with 250ml LIMSLIP additive 7098.
Old 10-07-15

Default tyres

Just purchased a 2012 NW GLS. About to sell my 2000 Landrover disco which I had Goodyear Wrangler Pro Grade made in USA. A little tread left but have done 108,000 km. The first 100,000 km I did not have any punctures. Did lots of outback and also outback with caravan.
Massive strong sidewalls and tough.

I'm going through the process at the moment, so it would be helpful to me if your comments/marketing blurb listed 18" support or not. Most don't.

FWIW, my Goodyear Silent Armours havent given any problems in 45,000 kms. Not sure how much longer they'll last though. If I can't get a 25% discount again, I'll be looking at other brands.

A tyre shop in Kununurra didnt recommend Coopers. He liked BFG, but their 18" AT tyres are apparently very scarce in Australia and at $600+ each.

Cheers, David.[/QUOTE]
Old 10-07-15
Valued Member

I bought them for under $400. The new ko2 is out aswell.
I love my 18's. Just drive better you'll have no issues. Drive like a tool then you will break things.
Dark tint: Driftadraws:bushskinz set:tough dog lift:50lt waeco:MSA drop down slide: optima 66AH blue top: oricom cb:GME antenna:120w solar:narva 170 lights:hayman reese brake controller:18/265/65 BFG's :roof basket & bag:SPV MK3.1:ARB compressor: Donaldson fuel filter:breathers:Redarc 40amp:century 120AH dual batt: Blue tongue offroad trekka camper trailer :2016 winch n bar Airtek snorkel
LIVING THE DREAM!! My Build http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=44476
Old 27-09-15
Valued Member

Have just got the BFGoodrich K02 in 235 85R16 size. Ride firm but very quiet. Dry grip appears ok. Also run Toyo AT/2 265 70R16 LT. They are almost as quiet and ride very smooth. Good grip as well.
2014 PC Challenger, manual, factory tow-bar, factory front diff protector, TJM inter-cooler plate, Bushskinz manual transmission protection plate, ProRack S16 roof racks, front elocker, Drummond Motor Sport front struts, custom 16mm King rear springs with Bilstein Dampeners, Buzz Rack Runner 3 bike platform, Eclipse Nav head unit, GME TX3800BW UHF, 16x8 CSA Raptor rims, 265/75R16 Maxxis MT-762, orToyo AT/2 265/70R16 Triton rims, BFGoodrich 235/85/R16 Triton rims, or Factory tyres and rims.
Old 22-04-16

Default Vote for Maxis

I had Maxis ATs on my 2000 Jackaroo, after 50k (when i sold the car) still had plenty of tread.

Running a set on my NJ, they are just on 30k old and look almost new. Work well in mud, on beach, dirt (recently did 10,000km trip to Kimberley).

Good block pattern and quiet on road. Love em!
96 NJ 3.5 V6, HID Lightforce Spots, LED Spot, rear LED Spot, UHF, Snorkel, ARB Bullbar, Milford Cargo Barrier, 2.5M Batwing, Custom shelves, Airbags, Rear Camera, Fridge slide, Dual batteries, Diff breathers
Old 24-04-17

For those who have been using the Yokohama GO12 ATS in the past, there has been a newly released all terrain GO15 tyre. I have done some investigation and they seem to be a much improved combination in most of the main tyre characteristics ie.(wet and dry grip, noise levels, offroad grip and treadwear rating). Prices seem similar to the current GO12 pattern. From the tread i would say they are a 70/30 on & offroad mix as in the past, here is a link.

www.yokohama.com.au/Tyres/Geolandar-AT.aspx
Old 24-04-17
Valued Member

Bout time you added the General AT2,s....

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more..
Old 25-04-17
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicko1 View Post
Bout time you added the General AT2,s....
https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...t=24052&page=5

I did an update in 2014 which included the general AT2, about time another update was done, quite a few new tyres since then.
2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com