Below Nav Bar

Collapse

Removing Centre Console Step By Step Guide.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • King Triton
    • Feb 2009

Removing Centre Console Step By Step Guide.

I removed the centre console on my NP pajero on the weekend and i searched the froum for instuctions on how this is done. I was able to find some good info but no pictures. I know picture speaks a thousand words, and i am use to article like this over on the NEwtrion.net forum.
    So here goes Step to step guide on how to remove the centre console on a 2005 model Auto NP Pajero
    Depending on what options you have Six disc CD player etc. few of these steps might change.

Tools Needed: Flat blade screw driver (or similar flat thin object) Phillips head screw driver (medium size, medium length) and a soft cloth to cover the flat blade screw driver when unclicking things so you don't mark anything.

Attention: Whenever i am pulling apart bits and pieces or removing/changing components I always remove the negative terminal on the battery. This prevents any accidental and costly electrical shorts

Step 1

Remove the cup holder in the centre console. There are four clips holding it in place (circled in the picture) use a cloth covered flat blade screw driver (or similar flat thin object) and click out one corner and then the other on the same side. The cup holder should now pull out.

Step 2

Unscrew the 4WD activation Lever and then Slide bottom section of Auto Lever to reveal two screws (as shown in picture) remove screws and slide off Lever.

Step 3

Remove the two screws under the cup holder (circled in picture) and clip off Hand brake surround. Now lift up the cover and unplug the cable for the lights for the 4wd leaver. You can gently pull backwards to remove cover. The cover is held in with two clips (shown in picture) they should release pretty easy.

Step 4

From here you can access under the arm rest/storage compartment or move further forward into the centre console. I chose to remove the arm rest/compartment next.
    Remove the two screws inside the storage compartment and the two screws holding the front of the Armrest/storage compartment. (shown in picture). Lift up the Armrest/storage compartment carefully and unplug any cables ie. Power Socket etc.

Step 5

Now we remove the front part of the centre console. Remove the two screws holding the lower part of the surround. (shown in picture). And lift up the surround and unplug any cables ie. Cigarette Lighter, Stability Control etc. You can now remove the surround.

Step 6

You will now either remove your six disc CD player or storage pocket which is what I have. To do this unscrew the four screws holding it in place. Obviously if it’s the CD player unplug any cables.

Step 7

Now you can remove the last piece of the centre console. To do this unscrew the two screw at the back of t he console ( shown in picture)

And remove the two screws on either side of the console in the foot well. Flick off the plastic cover and unscrew.

You have now removed the entire centre console. Have fun working on your 4WD
    I have written this as a helpful guide for others who wish to remove the centre console on their Pajero’s.
    I take no responsibility for anything happening while following my instructions. Things will differ between models so use this as a guide only.
    If i have forgotten anything let me know and i will fix it up.
    Last edited by King Triton; 04-10-09, 07:54 PM.
    2005 NP Petrol Auto Pajero - HD Lovells Front - SD Lovells Rear - Billsteins front & Rear - Bushskinz Bash Plates Front, Middle & Rear - 265/75 BFG A/T - GME TX 3440 UHF - Benelec Explorer Antenna (3dB & 6dB) - HiTech Headers - Red Centa (TJM) Awning.......
  • sharkcaver
    "2000"+ Valued Contributor
    • May 2009
    • Perth

Great post. Thanks for sharing.

Shane.
    MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• IronMan
      • Jul 2008
      • NSW

Oh, how good are you, King Triton??!? I am going to do this exact process tomorrow to fit a UHF. You have just saved me a lot of trouble and thinking. Many, MANY thanks.
      Una non simpliciter ambulant in Mordor. Utor unus necesse est numero septem omnibus

NP Pajero DiD, only aftermarket mods are the UHF, second battery and dedicated power socket for the fridge, and reversing LED floodlight. 385,000km and not rattling any more thanks to a new timing chain and guides!

Comment

• Ranger J
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2007
        • Perth, Western Australia

Haven't needed to pull apart the console yet, but thank you very much for the post, very helpful
        NP GLS DID Auto: ARB Bar, Warn XD9000, Rear ARB Locker, Dobinsons, Bilsteins, 33" BFG MT's, 61Lt Sub Tank, Striker 170's, Dual Batts, etc. etc. etc.

Comment

• entropy
          • May 2009
          • NSW Lake Macquarie

This really is very good - very good indeed.
          Current ride
          Discovery 4 SDV6 HSE with factory diff lock.

Gone but not forgotten
          NT SWB X DiD in Cool Silver

Comment

• Cypher
            • Jul 2007
            • Perth

Awesome thanks.......
            NP VRX 2006 DID, Milford Cargo Barrier, 50mm lift, Dual Batteries, Uniden UHF, Tint, Helton shower system,TJM Bash Plates, Rhino bars and carrier.

Comment

• brett
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2007

Only thing I'd add is instead of using a screwdriver on the cup holders you can just grab them in the middle and give a good pull and it comes out, saves possibly marking the plastic. I've done this probbaly half a dozen times on mine, the clips are quite flexible.

Comment

• King Triton
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by brett View Post
                Only thing I'd add is instead of using a screwdriver on the cup holders you can just grab them in the middle and give a good pull and it comes out, saves possibly marking the plastic. I've done this probbaly half a dozen times on mine, the clips are quite flexible.
                I agree Brett if you can just grab it and pull it out than go for it. I tried it with mine but it was a no go, it did not want to budge. I guess the more times it comes out the easier it will be.
                Last edited by King Triton; 06-10-09, 08:52 AM.
                2005 NP Petrol Auto Pajero - HD Lovells Front - SD Lovells Rear - Billsteins front & Rear - Bushskinz Bash Plates Front, Middle & Rear - 265/75 BFG A/T - GME TX 3440 UHF - Benelec Explorer Antenna (3dB & 6dB) - HiTech Headers - Red Centa (TJM) Awning.......

Comment

• mrbitchi
                  Valued Member
                  • Jun 2007
                  • Brisbane

Champion! That's a job I've got lined up for the weekend to find a rattle. You've saved me a lot of time..
                  Cheers, John.
                  LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
                  Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

Bloody fantastic.............Thanks heaps for the info King Triton.
                    I am sure it will save not just me, but other forum readers heaps of time, great stuff, great pics, easy to follow instructions, all round GOLD. Cheers.
                    Last edited by Guest; 06-10-09, 08:08 PM.

Comment

• Silver Fish
                      • Mar 2009
                      • Adelaide

Isnt it funny how the info you need always seems to pop up after you have been through agony!

Thankfully i got it back together without any spare bits.

Fantastic post and pics. Well done.
                      2005 NP Platinum DID, BFGs, TJM T15 Bullbar, IPF Spots, OME 2" lift, GME TX4200, Active tail lights, maxtrax, compressor, Cargo Barrier, TJM Bash plates, Rhino Racks, Rhino basket, ARB Awning, Storage Shelf, Door Table, Engel MR40F, dual battery, PowerTech Inverter, 81L long range tank.

Comment

• bakerboy
                        "valued 3000+ member"
                        • May 2008
                        • Perth

nice write up mate, mods any chance to make it a sticky?
                        If I agreed with you, then we would both be wrong

'89 NG Paj, 3L V6, now running 2" suspension lift, 33" Micky T Baja Claws's, Front LOKKA & 12,000lb winch

Comment

This is great stuff King Triton thanks. Would this process also be relevant to get to the radio and temp controls? ie Continue onwards and upwards, or would that be done in a different manner?

Well done and thanks again.

Miffa

Comment

• King Triton
                            • Feb 2009

Thanks for all the comments people, always happy to help. If any body is pulling apart or replacing something on their Paj take a few pics and do quick write so others can do the same and not make any mistakes or come across the same issues you did.

Miffa
                            I have written a Step by Step guide to removing the surround for the Stereo & A/C controls. here is the link.

Comment

Originally posted by King Triton View Post
                              Miffa
                              I have written a Step by Step guide to removing the surround for the Stereo & A/C controls. here is the link.
                              Thanks King Triton, Got it. Whilst I've got that useless RV meter thing, I reckon it's the same. Thanks again.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X