• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ticky
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2015
    • Adelaide

Problem Fueling up today.

I pulled up to the pump today, released the fuel door, got out and couldn't open it.

I managed to jam a Tap Measure into the release leaver under the dash, and then I could open the fuel door with a credit card.

it seems the little spring clip that flips the door open broke last time I fueled up. This is a $3 part and its a stock item but I thought I would share this in case anyone has a similar problem.

much easier with 2 people

Steve
    2009 NT VRX, Rear Battery Pack, 18" Bridgestone D-697, SPVi EGR mod, BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Plates. BOO's Transmission & Transfer Case Plates. GME 3550, HID HB's and 22"LED Bar, Pioneer Avic F80DAB Audio/Coms/Nav system MM4x4 TC Lockup Mate. & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Pretty Stock but very Capable

Wish List: ARB Deluxe Bar & Winch, Snorkel, Diff Breathers, & 1/2 tank of Diesel
  • Quietguy
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2011
    • Forster, NSW

[QUOTE=ticky;514820]I pulled up to the pump today, released the fuel door, got out and couldn't open it.

I managed to jam a Tap Measure into the release leaver under the dash, and then I could open the fuel door with a credit card.

it seems the little spring clip that flips the door open broke last time I fueled up. This is a $3 part and its a stock item but I thought I would share this in case anyone has a similar problem.

much easier with 2 people

Warning Warning Danger Danger - stealers at large

I had exactly the same problem last month while on my half lap - finally worked out I could open it myself (before that I was asking guys at each servo to help) by jamming a peg into the release, and very gently using a fork to open the flap

Anyway, when I arrived in Townsville and asked the dealer there to fix it under guarantee. Mongrels fixed it by fitting a new spring in the fuel flap as the original had somehow fallen out. They then refused to do as a guarantee item and charged me $40 - Spring $3 and labour $37 - but it takes less that 3 seconds to put a new spring in, and allowing another 30 seconds to open the flap that is a ridiculous charge.

So go to your local dealer and pay $3 for the new spring (I think its actually called a clip though) and do that 3 seconds job yourself

David

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
    Working...
    X