• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 98NL GL
    • Oct 2011
    • Cairns

wicket

Hmm just saw the vid of the Pajero sport.....And I like it...I want one and I think it'll kick some ass but I doubt if it'll replace Pajero.

cheers,
    XSWAT 1998 NL GL, 3.5L MANUAL, 2" OME 50 mm Lift, MAXXIS 751 33X12.5R15 on CSA N26 RIMS with -11 OFFSET, UNIDEN UHF, NARVA 175 SPOTTIES, AIRCON & RADIO/CD,......CONVERTED to SEVEN SEATER, Manual Hubs (ex tritton)
    1990 NG SWB 2.5 TDI AUTO JAPAN IMPORT, 33s, LIGHT BAR, GEN 2 IDLER & PITMAN ARMS. PLANS - Dual Battery.
    1999 NL SWB 2.8 TDI AUTO JAPAN IMPORT, INVECS TIPTRONIC AUTOMATIC GEARBOX, ARB BULLBAR, DUAL BATTERY, SPOTTIES, ROOF RACK.
    2016 MY16 PAJERO GLX AUTO DID GRAPHITE COLOR STOCK

Comment

• Ian Sharpe
      Valued Member
      • Nov 2000
      • Tasmania

Originally posted by caroma View Post
      The worst part of all this is that people who don't pay much attention to Mitsubishi vehicles are gonna think that this is the New Pajero, when it isn't.

"Have you seen the new Pajero? Looks like s***! Therefor by extension, your car is s***."

"...but it's a Challenger..."

I actually don't mind the look of it but the general public consensus is the opposite.
      It might pass, if

1. They went back to a 7 seater
      2. Pissed off the crappy little 2.4 tdi.
      3. Put a decent motor in there that could punch with the big guys.
      NS shorty 3.8l petrol with winch, front/rear E-lockers
      NT shorty 3.2l tdi, pretty stock with rear locker

Comment

• caroma
        • May 2012
        • WA - Pilbara

Originally posted by Ian Sharpe View Post
        It might pass, if

1. They went back to a 7 seater
        2. Pissed off the crappy little 2.4 tdi.
        3. Put a decent motor in there that could punch with the big guys.
        All signs are pointing to none of those suggestions happening so, its a Fail.

However, I reckon IF there is a Next Gen Pajero, itll come in some form of Hybrid form with the PHEV technology. They seem really driven to go in that direction with their future SUVs.
        2008 NS Petrol Auto.

Comment

• Stroker
          Valued Member
          • Jul 2007
          • Glenorie NSW

Originally posted by conquistador View Post
          For starters they're running out of the alphabet! Only ny nz left.
          They always have NO up their sleeves because the skipped that one, It might even be appropriate for the final model

Glenn
          NP Exceed 2005 3.2 diesel automatic , 100% stock standard except for the headlight globes

Comment

• M@S@
            • Sep 2007

Originally posted by pajeromack View Post
            I do agree. As you see in the sales figures, dual cab utes have really taken off and are (deservedly) sucking up the R&D dollars.
            Enclosing the rear of a Triton and calling it a 'Pajero Sport' is a lot cheaper than designing a big monocoque 4WD and trying to sell it at a profit in today's market.

Why take the risk?

Mitsubishi clearly can not justify the expense if the ROI isn't guaranteed to be there. Instead they are trying to string along the Pajero with token face lifts and interior upgrades. The big issue might be the struggling emissions compliance of the 3.2L engine.

Meanwhile the competition and other vehicles in their stable surpass the struggling Pajero.
            We see that the new Challenger gains the latest Triton underpinnings and new off-road smarts including hill descent control and terrain selection. The Pajero promises... carplay.
            The Pajero Sport is an old name for the Challenger, they just haven't used it in Australia before for some reason. Worldwide the Pajero/Montero sport name has been used since the first generation challenger.

If they were to ditch the Pajero, why wouldn't they have named the challenger directly to Pajero?

Big SUV's stay in production for long. For example the discovery 4 is basically the same as discovery 3, and that was released in 2004.

I am sure the new toys come in every model, when time time comes . . .

Comment

• pauld
              Valued Member
              • Apr 2010
              • Melbourne

If the Pajero was still around in same form in 4-5 years I would by another, it does everything I want it to do - and for only $50K.
              2015 NX, ARB Bullbar, Bilstein / Lovells HD Front and Kings SP Rear, Polyairs, 17" NP Exceed wheels, D697 LT265/65/17, STEDI Cree 24" 120Watt light bar, Tracklander 2100 Roof Cage, Bushskinz side steps and bash plates, 200AH of Batts under rear floor via Redarc 40 Amp, cargo barrier with custom rear shelf up high, TC mod, EGR mod, catch can, iPhone4 with OBD app, USB ports in all 3 rows, custom storage in rear passenger guard.

Comment

• craka
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2009
                • Newcastle (Newie)

Originally posted by pauld View Post
                If the Pajero was still around in same form in 4-5 years I would by another, it does everything I want it to do - and for only $50K.
                I tend to agree, the LandRover Defender still looks the same as has done for years and people still buy that. Though I think like someone else said, that MM may wait until they have the PHEV concept fully nutted out before the next major update.
                NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

• caroma
                  • May 2012
                  • WA - Pilbara

Originally posted by pauld View Post
                  Me too. I'd only ask that they move the spare wheel.

Originally posted by craka View Post
                  I tend to agree, the LandRover Defender still looks the same as has done for years and people still buy that. Though I think like someone else said, that MM may wait until they have the PHEV concept fully nutted out before the next major update.
                  I think the PHEV tech being implemented across their entire catalogue is inevitable.
                  2008 NS Petrol Auto.

Comment

• PBChallengerM/T
                    • Mar 2014
                    • South Australia

Hope they give us some notice if/when they wind up production of the poor old girl like they did with the Lancer Evolution Final Edition. At least if they do that we will have the opportunity to pick up the last of the breed destined to become a sought after collectors item and a keeper.
                    13MY PB Challenger M/T LS, mostly stock for now with a few OE goodies including Alloy Bullbar, Towbar, Cargo Barrier, Bash Plate, Roof Bars, Rubber Floor Mats and Neoprene Seat Covers.

Comment

• Paj man
                      Valued Member
                      • Mar 2010
                      • Perth

Has everyone seen this?
                      1997 NK - Quad cam goodness turning 33 Duratrac's and 4.9 diffs, 2inch lift, steel front/sides/rear, front locker and a winch

Now pending: Nothing

Comment

• dragonsky
                        • Mar 2014
                        • Brisbane

The reasoning seems to be lack of funds to do the research to meet US consumption laws.

It think the focus on meeting California's fuel consumption laws is going to make getting a off-road capable long range tourer a very difficult task in a few years. I think we will be forced into the 4wd work ute market.

Comment

• pajeromack
                          Valued Member
                          • Jun 2014
                          • NSW

I don't understand why Mitsubishi is so intent on consigning themselves to mediocrity. Killing off the Pajero and Lancer Evolution and replacing them with what.. a hybrid Outlander and a Mirage?

Dark days indeed.

Comment

• Paul (SA)
                            • Apr 2013
                            • Australia

As a company they are simply struggling to survive and need to offload the big cost items to stay afloat. The concept of a long overdue upgrade for the Pajero is just a financial bridge too far for MM.

It is obvious the regulations around reducing emissions is threatening many vehicle manufacturers. It is hard enough developing engines to comply with the current regulations. Into the future it is simply going to get tougher and tougher to comply for all manufacturers building large beasts like the Pajero.

I wouldn't be surprised if others like Toyota are thinking the same.

I reckon this is just the start - other makers will not be able to hang in there and maintain the high costs of engineering and R&D to keep afloat.

Hence the move to "SUVs" and similar crossover vehicles that can suit a broad reach of consumers. Electric driven vehicles like the PHEV is another out for car makers etc etc.

Comment

• gta1898
                              • Jan 2014
                              • Chester. UK

In MM announcement they mention the need to comply with the USA consumption laws of the future, I did a google search and in USA by 2016 cars / light trucks have to average 35mpg (8l/100km)and by 2025 54mpg (5.2l/100km)!!.

As mention above if this is the case then how will other big 4x4 manufactures comply, probably lots of Hybid technology, which is probably OK for the average user when new but I hate to think of the cost associated with repairs to all this complex technology further down the line as the vehicles age.

In the UK the new Pajero (Shogun UK) (2016MY) has been tweaked to comply with the new Euro 2016 emissions regulations for NOX and as a consequence the CO2 emissions have increased (I guess they are using even more EGR) putting the car into the next 'tax' bracket, meaning I pay £290 per year to be allowed to use the public roads but for the MY2016 it's £490!!

Complying with all these ever increasing regulations is going to get even harder, especially as the VW scandal has brought into question the whole Euro testing criteria.
                              Graham

Shogun / Pajero MY14 SG2 / GLX, Manual, Eiger Grey, Limo Tints, SPV 3.1, 18" Factory alloys in satin black.

Comment

• ausGeoff
                                • Nov 2015
                                • Australia

I'm guessing that all the vehicle manufacturers will be shifting their alleged off-road capable vehicles to the SUV, or soft-roader category soon.

My partner runs a new Suzuki SX4, 112kW/190 Nm, AWD soft-roader, and it performs surprisingly well for a $25K vehicle. No probs along the Ninety-Mile beach, and corners on wet, formed roads like it's on rails. Its obvious drawbacks all relate to lousy ground clearance and ramp-over angle. So forget deep ruts and anything overly rocky!

Strangely enough, my very first 4WD was a 1978, 800cc, Suzuki LJ80, which with its lumpy tyres was virtually impossible to bog. And $4800 retail. I wish I still had that little yellow Tonka toy LOL.
                                2006 Falcon XR8 BOSS 260 ute.
                                1999 NL Pajero GLS, LWB, 3.5 V6, auto, stock std.
                                [SOLD]

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X