• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • denmonkey
    • Oct 2017
    • Newcastle NSW

Pajero connect it rear storage/bed build

hey Guys,

over the past few weekends I've been sticking some time into building up the storage /bed platform for the rear of the NT pajero.

My previous build in the delica was made purely from timber

but in an effort to reduce weights, I decided to give the connect it a go for the frame.

I checked out the prices at bunnings but found capral aluminium to have the same product but at about half the price. They call it qubelok though in case you go searching.

The timber is 12mm ply, most of it salvaged from the previous delica build.

I was going to give those away after the delica sold. Bloody glad I didn't. The marine carpet is expensive.

The frame basically becomes a bed platform with the addition of a smaller box at the end.

This is so during normal use, the smaller box stays out and I still have access to the storage well at the back.

The additional box will be used to house some camping gear and will only be put in when I'm camping from the car.

I do love the ability and security of climbing over the back and sleeping inside the car.

Its perfect for those quick over nighters.

All I need to do is grab some snacks and some fire wood and I'm away.

When I'm done, chuck the chair back in the box, pack up the dog and I'm gone.

It's still a work in progress and I need to figure how to mount it to the floor so it doesn't move.

It's pretty well in there now but I'd be more comfortable bolting in down just in case.

Should be an easy enough job to do.

Here's the video giving you the guided tour thus far.

cheers Brett
    Attached Files
    Last edited by denmonkey; 28-04-18, 08:14 PM.

Matched content

Collapse
Working...
X