Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

Connect-it Aluminium Tubing for rear shelf.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sam_
    • Jan 2018
    • Darwin

Connect-it Aluminium Tubing for rear shelf.

Hey all

I'm in the process of going through the option for rear drawers/rear shelf and going through all the previous threads I can find on here.

I came across a picture of a self build that looks like its made from 25mm x 25mm Alloy tube similar, if not the same as the Connect-it framing from bunnings.

I'm leaning towards a shelf with a single drawer and then some tubs so I still have super easy access to the under floor storage where the 3rd row of seats were.

Has anyone used this system before and could tell me how its held up?
    I'm planning on using a sheet of ply on the top and screwing it all together to this should add a lot of strength. Also seems like its a cheap option

Just not keen on the titan drawers that weigh 70kg even though they are cheap.

Any pics would be appreciated also.

Cheers and Beers
    MY10 ACTiV DiD Manual, ARB Delux Bar, 22" Stedi Light Bar, Ultimate Suspension 50mm Lift, Ultragauge Bluetooth OBD-2 scanner, Dr Air ProFlow 150 compressor, Bushskinz Bash Plates, Pro Vent 200 Oil Catch Can, BFG KO2 tyres, Dual Batteries with RedArc isolator, Red Arc Electronic Brake Control, Tow Bar, EGR Delete, Cat delete, ECU Tune
  • johndavis125262
    • Apr 2013
    • brisbane

hi sam i have a 2013 chally pb with spare underneath so the wind down is in the middle of the back i also have 60lt fridge in the back i looked at titans i um and argh so many time 70kg is to much so i kept looking i came across this mob and went all ally 990 long 500 wide 300 high and weighs 20kg here is the link regards john

Comment

• 2bad4u
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2009
      • Perth, Western Australia

Built this one 4 years ago and still going strong.

Warren
      2012 NW DiD Activ - Retired
      2023 Nissan Y62 Patrol Ti

Comment

• Pushbike
        • Jun 2017
        • Sydney

Connect-It Tubing

Hi Sam,
        Fittings for Connect it tubing are listed on Bunnings web site. They are plastic and are a friction fit to the square tube. Using 12 mm plywood to brace the alum. frame works very well if you account for movement in each direction. Have a look at my construction at:
        Another Rear Storage Unit The following design is for a MY17 NX GLX. After I recently purchased my first 4WD I was fortunate to discover this forum. I have used the various postings to guide me in the design and construction although I think there is enough difference to warrant this posting. I thank all those who have gone

The pics and material lists etc reside on my personal web page and should be accessible. If you need more info get in touch.
        Pajero NX GLX MY17, OEM Rubber mats, OEM Towbar and tongue, After market Rev. Sensors, MSA4x4 seat covers, OEM nudge bar.

Remember the science demonstration of a table covered with mouse traps loaded with ping pong balls and the teacher drops a ping pong ball into the middle.
        Well, the ball has been dropped.

Comment

• MattD
          • Oct 2015
          • Adelaide

Connect it shelf

Hi
          I've made a shelf roughly 150mm high using connecting framing and 16mm marine ply. Ply sheets on bottom and top with support frame roughly in the middle. I have a 45 l fridge and slide on one side and on the other I stand a spare wheel plus tuck a battery box into a cavity behind the wheel. due to the battery weight (30kg) it necessitates me (90kg) squatting fully on the shelf to drop it in the cavity - 120kg plus fridge and slide!). Hasn't shown any signs of failing yet. In transit of course the weight is fridge and wheel and camping stuff which probably adds up to around 70+ kilos.
          Pretty please with it really.
          Cheers
          Matt
          Now 2013 GLX-R NW 3.2 DiD, Lovells and Bilstein 2" lift (SD), Factory diff lock, Cooper Discovery AT3, ARB Deluxe steel bar, Narva 225 driving lights, Bushskinz intercooler, sump and transmission plates, GME TX3100, .

Previous and sentimentally missed 2009 NT GLS 3.8L V6, Lovells & Bilstein 2" lift, Cooper AT3, Narva 225 on factory nudge bar, Bushskinz front and sump plates

Comment

• envee
            • Dec 2013
            • Brisbane Qld

Hi Sam, I made up a rear shelf unit from connect it tubing to fit in the rear of our NW. 2 shelves on one side and fridge slide on the other.We bought the tubs first and then built the shelves to suit them. Away at the moment but will post some pics in a couple of days when I get back home.

heers

envee

Comment

• gemster
              Valued Member
              • Aug 2012
              • Gold Coast

You can get 'Connect-it' for half the price of Bunnings, from a place called Capral Products... They have a few stores in QLD.. Not too sure about other states tho... A bit of searching will come up with something better than Bunnings price...

Gemster.....
              YES. ITS A MITZY . 97 NL 3.5 GLS AUTO (Formally owned by geopaj)__ Snorkel ,2 Uniden Uhfs , Roof Console, 2"lift, TT Suspension, Dual bat, Redarc System, BFG KO2's All Terrains, 55L sub tank, Pioneer sound, Milford cargo barrier, Extractors, SS exhaust, Rear camp light, Free Wheel Hubs, Improved Rear Storage unit, Alarm, Led interior lamps...
              And a 1999 NL LWB... Called 'Project Covid".. Stock Standard.
              ..Both with No Airbags. We die like real Men

Comment

• Just Cruzin
                Valued Member
                • Jul 2014
                • Pakenham

Originally posted by gemster View Post
                You can get 'Connect-it' for half the price of Bunnings, from a place called Capral Products... They have a few stores in QLD.. Not too sure about other states tho... A bit of searching will come up with something better than Bunnings price...

Gemster.....
                Capral, formally known as Alcan and was an Australia wide company.
                99 NL Exceed with air in tyres

Comment

• Sam_
                  • Jan 2018
                  • Darwin

Brilliant!!

Thanks for all the info any pics you have would be awesome too.

Am going to buy some heavy duty tubs and build it to suit, thinking I may add a teflon strip to the floor to assist with the tubs sliding in and out (thanks drifta).

Time to draw up some ideas so I can get onto it in the next few weeks when I fly back from work.

Cheers and Beers
                  MY10 ACTiV DiD Manual, ARB Delux Bar, 22" Stedi Light Bar, Ultimate Suspension 50mm Lift, Ultragauge Bluetooth OBD-2 scanner, Dr Air ProFlow 150 compressor, Bushskinz Bash Plates, Pro Vent 200 Oil Catch Can, BFG KO2 tyres, Dual Batteries with RedArc isolator, Red Arc Electronic Brake Control, Tow Bar, EGR Delete, Cat delete, ECU Tune

Comment

• envee
                    • Dec 2013
                    • Brisbane Qld

Here's some pics of the frame i made up for our NW. Fixed some ply to the left side of where the 3 row seat was and put a fridge slide in there. Bought the tubs then built the frame to suit. Made it so it is fairly easy to get in and out too if necessary.

Cheers

envee
                    Attached Files

Comment

• denmonkey
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Newcastle NSW

there a few videos on utube of guys making drawer systems out of this stuff.

I was about to buy all the gear this weekend at bunnings before I remembered last time I looked at it that Capral was cheaper. Luckily I have one about 5 minutes from my place.
                      I'm hoping to pick up all I need this week and start to put together a bed frame/storage system perhaps over the long weekend or as soon as I can.

If you can't find it on the capral site, try qubelok. Same stuff, different name

Good luck and post pics of the project

Comment

• gemster
                        Valued Member
                        • Aug 2012
                        • Gold Coast

If you use liquid nails and a screw on each side of the joint, it wont start squeaking after awhile....
                        Capral is about 1/3 of the price at Bunnings....

Gemster.....
                        YES. ITS A MITZY . 97 NL 3.5 GLS AUTO (Formally owned by geopaj)__ Snorkel ,2 Uniden Uhfs , Roof Console, 2"lift, TT Suspension, Dual bat, Redarc System, BFG KO2's All Terrains, 55L sub tank, Pioneer sound, Milford cargo barrier, Extractors, SS exhaust, Rear camp light, Free Wheel Hubs, Improved Rear Storage unit, Alarm, Led interior lamps...

Comment

• Pajero182
                          • Aug 2016
                          • Perth

Originally posted by gemster View Post

Gemster.....
                          I second Capral Steel. Priced up Bunnings connect it at $180 for what I needed. Then called Capral Steel... $60. They sell the tubing in 6.5m lengths, and will cut it in half at the length you require.
                          Either way you're still going to require cutting the tubing regardless from where you get it.

Comment

• KiwiNTPajero
                            Valued Member
                            • Aug 2014
                            • Wellington,New Zealand

Originally posted by Sam_ View Post
                            Brilliant!!

Thanks for all the info any pics you have would be awesome too.

Am going to buy some heavy duty tubs and build it to suit, thinking I may add a teflon strip to the floor to assist with the tubs sliding in and out (thanks drifta).

Time to draw up some ideas so I can get onto it in the next few weeks when I fly back from work.

Cheers and Beers
                            dont think you will need teflon with plastic tubs...
                            2009 NT GLS(NZ) diesel LWB auto
                            BFG AT,Rhino Rack Vortex Bars,Foxwing Eco Awning,BUSHSKINZ I/C, sump guards and steps

"do not check the button for faster communication, this will throw a wobbly with some dongles"

Comment

• gemster
                              Valued Member
                              • Aug 2012
                              • Gold Coast

When you say 'Teflon Strips" do you mean the plastic type cutting boards?... Reason I ask as I have used the cutting boards for a few years now and have had no issues apart from a little Silicone spray every now and then...

Gemster....

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X