X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Philip_J
    • Nov 2016
    • Wantirna, Melbourne

Well I checked out a NS petrol Exceed model today. Clean, well looked after and in really good Nick. Pending a mechanical check will probably pick it up. Here's hoping!

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Comment

• pajeromack
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2014
      • NSW

good luck! hope it checks out!

Yeah for that sort of usage I'd just go petrol.

Comment

• Philip_J
        • Nov 2016
        • Wantirna, Melbourne

Well everything checked out well and u picked up my first Pajero on the weekend.

She's a really clean and good-looking NS Exceed. Thanks to the advice I did decide to stay away from the Diesel, especially with the relatively low k's that I'd do.

Thanks again people!

20161203_180328.jpg

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Merts
          Valued Member
          • Nov 2011
          • Bendigo Vic

Looks great Philip. Hope you enjoy it.
          Merts
          Impulse Blue 2015 MQ Triton GLS Auto

ARB Summit front & rear bars and side steps, Carryboy canopy and rack, Safari Snorkel, VRS 9500 winch, Gecko 16x7 rims with BFG 245/75r16 KM3s, Uniden 8080s UHF, Darche 270 awning
          Dobinson heavy duty suspension, Harrop rear Elocker, Supertrim Neoprene Seat Covers, Drifta drawers, MSA drop slide, dual battery system and ARB onboard compressor. National Campers Hermit.

Previously a Gunmetal 2007 NS VRX DiD Auto

Comment

• benckj
            Valued Member
            • Oct 2017
            • Alexandra , New Zealand

Originally posted by Philip_J View Post
            Well I've definitely done some more research on the DPF issues and may need to remove that option.

Ive thought more about how many k's I'll be doing, and based on the last 6 years have only averaged 7k a year.

I'm now leaning perhaps towards a petrol engine and just wear the fuel costs but avoid the DPF issues.

Internal comfort and aesthetics are important to me and there's a beautiful petrol NS Exceed on at the moment that I'll be checking out tomorrow.
            Can someone comment on what year the DPF was either eliminated or repaired? Were these also installed on the Japanese import models?

Reason for asking is that I currently have a 2006 NS Petrol Exceed but looking at upgrading to a later model diesel. tend to get my cars direct from Japan auction sites as I'm in NZ.

Jim

Comment

• aussieintas
              Valued Member
              • Feb 2013
              • Sorell, Tasmania

In aussie delivered pajeros the DPF was an issue on NS auto models, not manuals as not installed on them. Then first run of NT's from late 2008 had DPF but was deleted for MY10 models onwards.......until the new MY17 NX models. Not sure exact date when deleted.

Can't comment on jap models mate.
              2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
              88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
              92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
              92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
              99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
              95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
              08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

Matched content

Collapse