Clear All
  • Ranger J
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2007
    • Perth, Western Australia

Rear Accessory + Centre Console Socket Fuse

Hey All,

Quick and simple question.

I've tripped the fuse for the rear and centre console accessory sockets.

I pulled the fuse cover off and had a quick look at which fuse it's likely to be but couldn't work it out. I was looking for a 10amp fuse???

Can someone shed some light?

Cheers,
    Jayden
    NP GLS DID Auto: ARB Bar, Warn XD9000, Rear ARB Locker, Dobinsons, Bilsteins, 33" BFG MT's, 61Lt Sub Tank, Striker 170's, Dual Batts, etc. etc. etc.
  • sharkcaver
    "2000"+ Valued Contributor
    • May 2009
    • Perth

Its a 15amp fuse. Note that these sockets also have their own fusible link on the rear of the socket, so if your fuse is ok, that's what it would be.

Cheers,

Shane.
    Last edited by sharkcaver; 11-10-09, 02:06 PM. Reason: removed incorrect info I posted on fuse location :)
    MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• sharkcaver
      • May 2009
      • Perth

D'oh! J, Please dis-regard the above. I am wrong, it is a 15 amp job but its fuse #8 in the engine compartment fuse box for the positive supply and 10amp fuse#17 in engine compartment for the relay supply.

My apologies,

Shane.
      Attached Files
      MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• Ranger J
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2007
        • Perth, Western Australia

Awesome thats what I was looking for Shane,

Cheers
        NP GLS DID Auto: ARB Bar, Warn XD9000, Rear ARB Locker, Dobinsons, Bilsteins, 33" BFG MT's, 61Lt Sub Tank, Striker 170's, Dual Batts, etc. etc. etc.

Comment

• obione_98
          • Jun 2007
          • Brisbane

Hope it's the fuse. I blew the fusible link in my dash cigarette lighter - and had to replace the whole unit at a cost of about $150!

Comment

• sharkcaver
            • May 2009
            • Perth

For my rear, I just bridged the socket and put in a 10 amp inline fuse. Makes it a bit easier to get out next time too with longer wiring. At $150, I'm glad I did so now.

Shane.

My Journeys

Comment

• Hypec1
              • May 2011
              • Newcastle NSW & Deception Bay, Brisbane Qld

Success!!!
              Was trouble shooting on my brothers NT GLX. Fuse No.8 in the engine compartment is a 25amp accessory fuse and yes it was the culprit. We have no idea what blew fuse as the sockets were not tested when he bought it. Both centre and rear sockets were dead when he first tried them have not worked since he purchased it.
              Thanks forum, another problem solved
              2003 NP Exceed, 3.5 Petrol/Injected Gas Auto, 2" EFS Suspension, ECB Alloy Bull Bar, HR Tow Bar, UHF, Bushskinz Intercoler/Sump Guards & Sliders ,Cargo Barrier.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X