• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rednbluedawgs
    • Sep 2017
    • Sunshine Coast

Newby intro.

Hi everyone,
    Introducing myself here as I have just purchased a 2015 NX so this is probably where I spend most my time.
    I'm 35 years as a mechanic with 20 of them spent as a service manager for a few different manufacturers but mainly Nissan and Mitsubishi.
    Just got out of a 2004 D22 Navara after a camp fire spark set a tent on fire, then a camper trailer, then its gas bottle went sending a flame through our tent and into the back wheel of my trusty very well kitted out Navara. Of course the keys were in the tent so there was no saving it from the gas bottle flame thrower.
    So after years of having one as a company car the Pajero is my new toy. I tow a 16" caravan and have a couple of four legged very Australian best mates that come with us everywhere we camp.
    Pajero has 45k on it and bought it off a 70 year old bloke who bought it new. It has air bags that he used for a camper trailer, factory bull and tow bars, has no 3rd row seats or rear roof spoiler straight from the factory.
    Have had a read of many of the posts in this section and there's lots of good info. Cheers to the contributors

Thanks for having me.
  • Pickle
    Administrator
    • Jun 2007
    • All over Oz

Welcome Sounds like it wouldn't been to much fun watching the Navara go up in flames.
    Anyway enjoy your stay here mate.
    Admin
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Phree_ed
      • Apr 2016
      • Moreton Bay area

Leyburn perchance??

Also might pay to check with Mitsubishi to see if the airbag recall has been done as I think all NXs are subject.

Comment

• Rednbluedawgs
        • Sep 2017
        • Sunshine Coast

Originally posted by Phree_ed View Post
        Leyburn perchance??

Also might pay to check with Mitsubishi to see if the airbag recall has been done as I think all NXs are subject.
        Will give them a ring this week. Thank you.

Comment

• Rednbluedawgs
          • Sep 2017
          • Sunshine Coast

Originally posted by Rednbluedawgs View Post
          Will give them a ring this week. Thank you.
          Yes it was Leyburn, bad night. Dragged a couple of sleeping friends from burning tents, were left with the clothes on our back. Had my bike there too, had to wait for the kids to bring me spare keys, helmet, jacket etc as it was all in the tent when it went up.

Comment

• Phree_ed
            • Apr 2016
            • Moreton Bay area

Definitely wasn't good but at least you're all physically ok. Hope the Paj serves you well.

Comment

• DINKY
              • May 2016
              • Traralgon Vic.

Welcome Mate

Welcome mate good to have another well qualified mechanic on the forum. There is not much you cant find out about your NX here. I have one too great vehicle, no issues so far after 24ks. Be warned mods are addictive and can be exy plenty of advice on how to DIY stuff though, enjoy.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X