• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brianwanless
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2008
    • Mackay Nth Qld

93 Diesel clutch

Can anybody give me a few clues. My grandson has just pulled the gearbox out of his 93 NM? diesel. To replace the clutch, which had refused to disengauge. After me explaining to him how the clutch forks push the throwout bearing onto the pressure plate fingers, and the driven plate is released. It looks as though it has a pull clutch, not a push. He had trouble getting the gearbox to split from the engine and a metal ring has come off the centre of the pressure plate. The throwout bearing looks like its in backwards.
    Is this standard, are there any tricks to fitting the new clutch, how do you get the part that pulls the fingers back, inside the pressure plate after it is bolted to the fly wheel. He will remove the fly wheel tomorrow to replace the rear main oil seal, he will also fit a spigot bearing. Has anyone done this job and can give us any hints, tips or information. Thanks Brian.
    NP did, auto, mags, aux tank, bullbar, hid spots, leds, uhf, engine watchdog, safari chip, anderson plug, fridge socket, gps, snorkel, airbags, sidesteps, dual batteries, hr towbar, brake controller, torque convertor lockup switch, slotted discs, stainless braided brake hoses, led rev lights.
  • psproule
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2007
    • Googong, NSW

See the attached tech note courtesy of exedy.com.au. It should be an NJ or NL by the way.

Cheers - Pat
    Attached Files
    2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
    2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

• brianwanless
      Valued Member
      • Dec 2008
      • Mackay Nth Qld

Thanks Pat, I see the throwout bearing is separate until assembly, then snapped into the pressure plate. I thought the bearing was attached to the pressure plate and the fork had to be removed and refitted after the box had been fitted.
      I tried to find some info on the net, but no luck. Even the workshop manual shows it as a push clutch with the slave cyl in front of the fork, not behind it. The local parts shop could not supply till they saw the old clutch because they have several listed for that model. Some must have the duel mass flywheel as well. Cheers Brian.
      NP did, auto, mags, aux tank, bullbar, hid spots, leds, uhf, engine watchdog, safari chip, anderson plug, fridge socket, gps, snorkel, airbags, sidesteps, dual batteries, hr towbar, brake controller, torque convertor lockup switch, slotted discs, stainless braided brake hoses, led rev lights.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X