• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gus
    Administrator
    • Mar 2008
    • Traralgon. Vic

Hi Steve, reason mine is on left is I can access the fridge from both sides in your case as the fridge opens from side & can be set up for either position to suit your needs.

Gus
    VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
    NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• Yclept
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2013
      • Sydney

I mounted mine on the passenger side so that when I not loaded to the hilt I can see a bit more in the rearview mirror.

You may need to go the other side if you need access to a tap, as once I built a box around it, it is a PITA to get in that small space.

Cheers, Brett

2013 NW Pajero VRX - White - 3000kg Tow Kit - Sports Mesh Grille - Bonnet & Light Protectors/Weathershields - Thule Wingbar - Tyre Snake - Couplertec Electronic Rustproofing - Maxtrax Mk1 - Piranha Aux Battery Tray - Redarc 1240 Charger - ARB 47 Litre Fridge - MSA Fridge Drop Slide - Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier - ORS Drawers - ARB Deluxe Bullbar - GME TX3540 UHF & AE4703 Antenna - ARB Intensity Lights - ARB Onboard Compressor - Bilstein/Dobinsons Susp - Bushskinz x 4

Comment

• my.paj
        • Dec 2010
        • Tullamarine

My slide on left because of door and drop down table on door.
        Rick
        Old, NP Exceed 3.5 petrol, ARB Bull bar, Warn winch, Bush Skinz Bash plates ,2inch lift, Safari Snorkel. ***Now Sold***
        New, RG Colorado Dual Cab Tray

Comment

• sharkcaver
          "2000"+ Valued Contributor
          • May 2009
          • Perth

And my fridge (not on a drop slide) is on the left for when you cant get the rear door fully opened IE if you have a CT on the back.

That way I can access it whatever is on or not on the back.
          MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• stevemc181
            Valued Member
            • Sep 2012
            • Thornlie/Perth

Thanks for the input all, the slide was delivered about ten minutes after I posted the question, so I've fitted it on the right side, this was the only way it was going to work with my current set-up. I just need to work out a better way to keep the power cable out of the way. At the moment it is just zippy tied to the cargo barrier.

I had to remove the front fridge handle to allow the slide handle to click back into place, but MSA had a couple of tie down bracket options in the box, so a bit of drilling and modifying and they fit no problem. I also had to trim about 3mm off the front slide lugs, so the slide would clear the checker plate on the front of my drawers. I could've packed underneath the slide with some 3mm Aluminium strip to raise it up a bit, but that meant a trip to the hardware and my grinder was already here

Hopefully I have left enough room on the right to install the FB1 fridge barrier once it arrives.

A few crappy iPhone pics below:

2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
            3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• grhyso
              Valued Member
              • Aug 2012
              • Perth

Looks great
              2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

• stevemc181
                Valued Member
                • Sep 2012
                • Thornlie/Perth

Well I have to say, so far not overly impressed with the drop slide. It clunks every time I hit a bump. I have adjusted the slide so there is no back and forward motion when locked in place, but it seems the slide tray doesn't quite sit flat on the 4 corner support bearings and it sort of bounces on the bearings.

I might have to try some teflon/nylon strip under the tray runners and see if that helps at all? Disappointing for a slide that is so expensive. The fridge is empty at the moment, but for the money these things cost it shouldn't matter if it's full or empty.

Apart from the annoying rattle/clunk, it all works well and does what it should, time will tell how long it lasts I guess.
                2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• Yclept
                  Valued Member
                  • Jan 2013
                  • Sydney

Originally posted by stevemc181 View Post
                  Well I have to say, so far not overly impressed with the drop slide. It clunks every time I hit a bump. I have adjusted the slide so there is no back and forward motion when locked in place, but it seems the slide tray doesn't quite sit flat on the 4 corner support bearings and it sort of bounces on the bearings.

I might have to try some teflon/nylon strip under the tray runners and see if that helps at all? Disappointing for a slide that is so expensive. The fridge is empty at the moment, but for the money these things cost it shouldn't matter if it's full or empty.

Apart from the annoying rattle/clunk, it all works well and does what it should, time will tell how long it lasts I guess.
                  I can't say I've had any problem like that even when I forget to turn the lock and engage the side prongs. May be worth getting onto MSA for a bit of trouble shooting.

Cheers, Brett

2013 NW Pajero VRX - White - 3000kg Tow Kit - Sports Mesh Grille - Bonnet & Light Protectors/Weathershields - Thule Wingbar - Tyre Snake - Couplertec Electronic Rustproofing - Maxtrax Mk1 - Piranha Aux Battery Tray - Redarc 1240 Charger - ARB 47 Litre Fridge - MSA Fridge Drop Slide - Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier - ORS Drawers - ARB Deluxe Bullbar - GME TX3540 UHF & AE4703 Antenna - ARB Intensity Lights - ARB Onboard Compressor - Bilstein/Dobinsons Susp - Bushskinz x 4

Comment

• stevemc181
                    Valued Member
                    • Sep 2012
                    • Thornlie/Perth

Originally posted by Yclept View Post
                    I can't say I've had any problem like that even when I forget to turn the lock and engage the side prongs. May be worth getting onto MSA for a bit of trouble shooting.
                    Yep, I've sent MSA an email and will call them tomorrow and see if they have any idea's. This thing would drive me nuts on rough roads, so hopefully they have a simple fix or some advise on something I've done wrong fitting it.

Comment

• Gareth
                      • Nov 2012
                      • Adelaide (North)

I had to modify the arms where they lock in so it didn't rattle against the main slide mechanism. Its fixed a fair amount of the rattley noises, but that being said for $700 I'm not entirely impressed with the quality.
                      Silver 2008 NS VRX 3.2 DiD
                      Ironman / Lovell 50mm lift, 275/65R18 Maxxis Big Horn's, Custom Rear bar protection, Bush Skinz intercooler guard, 4mm oil pan guard (self made), Bush Skinz Trans and Transfer guards, Bush Skinz Rock sliders, ARB Deluxe colour coded bull bar, ORU 12,000LB winch, Light force 240 Spot Lights, Custom dual battery carrier / Red Arc Isolator, UHF, Custom Tuned Uni-Chip.

Comment

• 4wdvet
                        • Feb 2013
                        • Perth

We ended up putting a piece of plywood across the base of ours- our fridge is a weird shape( evakool) and didn't sit nicely on the slide. And we couldn't easily secure it. Haven't had any problems with rattling or clunking, even after 3 weeks on the Canning. We had to strip it down to get all the dust out of the bearings when we got back,,otherwise it held up well. Hopefully MSA can help sort your problems!
                        2012 NW Pajero platinum. ARB deluxe bar, Warn winch, bilstein shock absorbers, Lovell springs, Bushskinz underbody armour, factory towbar, Uniden 7760 UHF radio, dual batteries (Thumper) aftermarket reversing sensors, Rhinorack Foxwing awning, Rhino roof racks, The Wetseat neoprene seat covers (front & rear), LRA aux fuel tank, 70L water tank.

Comment

• Gus
                          Administrator
                          • Mar 2008
                          • Traralgon. Vic

Something not right interested to hear the outcome the guys at MSA have great after sales support
                          VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
                          NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• stevemc181
                            Valued Member
                            • Sep 2012
                            • Thornlie/Perth

I gave MSA a call today, they are going to send out a couple of extra of the Orange Nylon rectangle pieces. It's hard to explain but they seem to think it might need an additional piece stuck on below the tray, on one of the steel tabs.

I prised a piece of Nylon off the rear of the tray that wasn't required and placed it where they said, it doesn't seem to have made much difference. So I'll wait to see what they send out and give it a go.

These tabs are supposed to put some downwards pressure on the fridge tray to hold it onto the bearings when stowed away, but mine seems to have a fair bit of play in it. If this doesn't work I might glue a Nylon strip along the bottom of the runner and try that.

Comment

• stevemc181
                              Valued Member
                              • Sep 2012
                              • Thornlie/Perth

All the rattles seem to be gone, I temporarily stuck the extra piece of Nylon/Rubber type stuff on to the lug as in the above picture, this seems to have taken care of the clunking sound, and I also just stuff a rag in next to the handle to stop any vibration. All seems good now! I'll make it permanent once the MSA pieces arrive. Certainly can't complain about the customer service from MSA, good to see a company stand behind their product.

I also picked up an MSA FB1 Fridge barrier at a good price, thanks to Matatak! I found when I went to fit the fridge barrier, that I had to move the slide as far forward as I could get it, so the back of the fridge barrier would clear the curve in my cargo barrier. Pain in the butt, but all done now and seems to be rattle free, I would say it will probably rattle on corrugations, but what doesn't?

Comment

• Yclept
                                Valued Member
                                • Jan 2013
                                • Sydney

Originally posted by stevemc181 View Post
                                I also picked up an MSA FB1 Fridge barrier at a good price, thanks to Matatak! I found when I went to fit the fridge barrier, that I had to move the slide as far forward as I could get it, so the back of the fridge barrier would clear the curve in my cargo barrier...
                                That is interesting to know that the barrier actually fits. I wouldn't buy one because the measurements I took were too close and I didn't think it would make it. I ended up throwing together a plywood barrier.

Cheers, Brett

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X