Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > General Info

General Info Pros and cons of different makes and models (incl. international)

Old 06-12-15
Valued Member

Default A rose by any other name your thoughts

Hi All
First of all I am not shit canning all you Challenger owners
Reading the write up this morning in the Sunday Times about the so called Pajero Sport.
Well I hope this is not to be the future of the Pajeros because I doubt that I will stay with them Really its based on the Challenger with a new name because the Challenger is past its use by date
I cant see any thing sporty about it and really a 2.4 litre diesel they say this is as good and as powerful as the 3.2 litre I am not convinced that it is and that it able to tow my 3 ton off road van even with an eight speed auto the write up said it is a very capable off road 4X4 and it has a live rear axle so that may be an improvement but is it a real 4X4 does it have a transfer case it seems that the 4X4 modes are operated electronically with a dial does this operate a vacuum diaphragm if so these are prone to give trouble particularly when not used for long periods the level of comfort seems to be good and if you want the top of the range as in the Exceed its only going to cost you around $53.000 currently I don't know that you can buy a new Pajero Exceed for less than around $75.000 any way time will tell whether this new Pajero will be a winner what do you all think
Cheers
Georgie

Wish List lots

SOLD 2013 GLX- R Pajero
Old 06-12-15
Valued Member

Send a message via MSN to JoshF

I think you are generally confused. The Challenger is a local name used in Australia, the Pajero Sport is the international name for the Challenger everywhere else.

From memory the pricing for the Challenger/Pajero Sport is back where the Challenger was when originally released or thereabouts, but remains competitive against the Fortuner, Everest and the rest of the ute/wagons now being released
NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/
Old 06-12-15
Valued Member

Would the write up be like that if it was called a Prado sport!!
Which is also past its used by and overpriced date but doesn't stop people flocking to it like the salmon from Capistrano

My uncle tows his new caravan with a little Mazda CX5 no dramas. (not hard off road)
Remember 3t off road vans are also a thing of the past. All the new vans are extremely light and OFF road caravans make up a pooftenth of the billion dollar grey nomad market these days.
Nearly every single modern 4x4 is dial activated system look at the Discovery its got buttons to change gears. I don't like the 8 speed auto but im also not an engineer, as my pajero tows in 4th waht does an 8 speed auto tow in.
People are always inferior to change and Australia is a little blip on the international motoring market.
I'm letting it take its course and will reserve judgment till they start catching fire like all the new 4x4's.
Dark tint: Driftadraws:bushskinz set:tough dog lift:50lt waeco:MSA drop down slide: optima 66AH blue top: oricom cb:GME antenna:120w solar:narva 170 lights:hayman reese brake controller:18/265/65 BFG's :roof basket & bag:SPV MK3.1:ARB compressor: Donaldson fuel filter:breathers:Redarc 40amp:century 120AH dual batt: Blue tongue offroad trekka camper trailer :2016 winch n bar Airtek snorkel
LIVING THE DREAM!! My Build http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=44476
Old 06-12-15
Valued Member

The most important thing about any new model is that you don't buy it!! Let some other fool, who has to have the latest and greatest, get sucked by gimmicky advertising and the expensive fixing of new gadgetry.

All SUV,s look alike now and it is beyond the joke with number of different models available. Most look very gay indeed and would not look out of place leading the Sydney gay Mardi Gras parade. All made very cheaply and sold very dearly. More plastic, thinner metals, cheap electronics, thinner glass, less rubber, less soundproofing, thinner castings and much more "less" of everything is what its all about.

I,ll be sticking with my NW for many years, even though its not perfect, at least it wouldn't get an invite at the gay parade. It looks macho compared to the gay faced wagons of today and the future..

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.
Having lots of friends on facebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...both meaningless.

Telegraph X camper
Old 06-12-15
Valued Member

George as the others said i think you're a little confused. The pajero sport or montero sport in some markets has been around for years. It features a proper transfer case too.

Also if I'm not mistaken the pajero since 2000 has been electrically actuated for the transfer case just mitsubishi used a lever instead of a dial as that was the norm back then, had to stop people thinking it was a soft roader.
2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com
Old 06-12-15
Valued Member

Send a message via MSN to JoshF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicko1 View Post
The most important thing about any new model is that you don't buy it!! Let some other fool, who has to have the latest and greatest, get sucked by gimmicky advertising and the expensive fixing of new gadgetry.

All SUV,s look alike now and it is beyond the joke with number of different models available. Most look very gay indeed and would not look out of place leading the Sydney gay Mardi Gras parade. All made very cheaply and sold very dearly. More plastic, thinner metals, cheap electronics, thinner glass, less rubber, less soundproofing, thinner castings and much more "less" of everything is what its all about.

I,ll be sticking with my NW for many years, even though its not perfect, at least it wouldn't get an invite at the gay parade. It looks macho compared to the gay faced wagons of today and the future..

homophobic much?
NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/
Old 06-12-15
Valued Member

You do realise that your transfer lever in your NW is not mechanical right? It's the same as using a dial.
Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.
Old 06-12-15
Valued Member

They had to relinquish the name as it was borrowed from chrysler when their was an alliance between the two. Not sure if its either expired or simply handed back.

From what ive seen, read on the specs it would seem mitsubishi ensured its capability was improved by a fair margin.

Last edited by conquistador; 06-12-15 at 08:49 PM. Reason: it now makes more sense
Old 06-12-15
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshF View Post
homophobic much?

Not at all mate. Just stating my thoughts. It is also a well known fact that many cars are based on the smiley face design in an effort to attract customers. I,d love an old design like the troop carrier. All the rounded, pressed panels nowadays are bent even just by leaning on them...Panel beaters hated the 100 series when it came out. Large rounded panels that were weak and hard to shape as well as not as strong as the squarish ones of earlier models.

See you at the parade....lol

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.
Having lots of friends on facebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...both meaningless.

Telegraph X camper
Old 06-12-15
Valued Member

If they stop making the Pajero then the ones that are left are going to retain their second hand value.
Can't see myself trading in the NP for a while though.

Terry
2005 NP GLX DiD,Alloy bullbar, Rallye 2000 driving lights, dual batteries,icomm UHF, 2" lift Ultimate Suspension, HD front,SD back with Ironman air bags, TJM underbody protection, HD valve body and Torque Converter, Engine Watchdog. In tow,Track Trailer T van.