Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 2 Pajero

Generation 2 Pajero NH - NL Models 1991 - 2000

Old 04-01-13

Default new uhf installed today

it is the oricom micro 5w uhf300

the paj is still pretty dirty just got back from camping on thursday and installed in this morning
Old 04-01-13
Valued Member

It's an Oricom..... my prayers for you. I've had nothing but bad luck with my Oricom from day 1. Sent in twice for warranty repair, and the 3rd one started playing up again - I finally threw it out, and I now have my old trusty Uniden installed. 20 years old and still does the job.

Hervey Bay QLD
Old 04-01-13
Valued Member

i got the same unit & ariel i put mine in the compartment just below the stereo and the mic just above the a/c switch i put a extension speaker just above my right ear above the seat belt top mount bolt so i can hear alot better just got back from the blue mountains down south come very handy with the father in law he followed me gave him a little h/h oricom (cheaper then a phone call) and spoke to heaps of truckies and other people great unit i must admit and love the flip feature and different colour options.
Old 04-01-13

Yea I am probably going to use the pocket under the stereo for mine as well, only my smokes go there now any way , will mount the mic in the same spot as the pic, seems out of the way and still within easy reach. Mate how did you wire it? Straight to battery or off the accessories?
Old 04-01-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungle1 View Post
Yea I am probably going to use the pocket under the stereo for mine as well, only my smokes go there now any way , will mount the mic in the same spot as the pic, seems out of the way and still within easy reach. Mate how did you wire it? Straight to battery or off the accessories?

i wired in to the stereo (with inline fuse) and earthed it out to the body, pretty good mates with the local auto elec down here he said i wont have a problem
Old 04-01-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rex1995 View Post
i got the same unit & ariel i put mine in the compartment just below the stereo and the mic just above the a/c switch i put a extension speaker just above my right ear above the seat belt top mount bolt so i can hear alot better just got back from the blue mountains down south come very handy with the father in law he followed me gave him a little h/h oricom (cheaper then a phone call) and spoke to heaps of truckies and other people great unit i must admit and love the flip feature and different colour options.

yea she didnt want it in any pockets because (it takes up room) lol so she is happy there and i even showed her how to change the color so she is happy now
Old 04-01-13
Valued Member

make a roof console and fit it in there then both are happy
Old 04-01-13
Valued Member

i wired mine direct to the battery so it works still, if keys are out & also if bogged the ignition is off.
Old 05-01-13
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rex1995 View Post
i wired mine direct to the battery so it works still, if keys are out & also if bogged the ignition is off.
same, found this handy if you're first to camp and are expecting others, can leave it on but the truck off
Old 05-01-13
Valued Member

mine is wired through a fuse box that is fed from the second battery. so i could get away with never turning mine off if i wanted to