Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 2 Pajero

Generation 2 Pajero NH - NL Models 1991 - 2000

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-01-13
mattnkylie mattnkylie is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: moruya
Posts: 91
Default new uhf installed today

it is the oricom micro 5w uhf300













the paj is still pretty dirty just got back from camping on thursday and installed in this morning
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-01-13
rancox265 rancox265 is offline
Valued Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Hervey Bay QLD
Posts: 411
Default

It's an Oricom..... my prayers for you. I've had nothing but bad luck with my Oricom from day 1. Sent in twice for warranty repair, and the 3rd one started playing up again - I finally threw it out, and I now have my old trusty Uniden installed. 20 years old and still does the job.
__________________
NH Pajero 1991 3.0L
CLICK HERE - Pajero 4X4 Club Australia Facebook - CLICK HERE

Hervey Bay QLD
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-01-13
t-rex1995's Avatar
t-rex1995 t-rex1995 is offline
Valued Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Imbil Via Gympie QLD
Posts: 763
Default

i got the same unit & ariel i put mine in the compartment just below the stereo and the mic just above the a/c switch i put a extension speaker just above my right ear above the seat belt top mount bolt so i can hear alot better just got back from the blue mountains down south come very handy with the father in law he followed me gave him a little h/h oricom (cheaper then a phone call) and spoke to heaps of truckies and other people great unit i must admit and love the flip feature and different colour options.
__________________
Formely 93 NH Pajero LWB, 3.0L V6 NOW OWN 2004 GU Patrol Wagon T/Diesel 3LT
WITH 4'' TOUGHDOG SUSPENSION, FULL 3'' TBE, EGT & BOOST GAUGE 33'' MUDDIES, 21'' LED LIGHT BAR
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-01-13
Grungle1 Grungle1 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sydney
Posts: 84
Default

Yea I am probably going to use the pocket under the stereo for mine as well, only my smokes go there now any way , will mount the mic in the same spot as the pic, seems out of the way and still within easy reach. Mate how did you wire it? Straight to battery or off the accessories?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-01-13
mattnkylie mattnkylie is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: moruya
Posts: 91
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungle1 View Post
Yea I am probably going to use the pocket under the stereo for mine as well, only my smokes go there now any way , will mount the mic in the same spot as the pic, seems out of the way and still within easy reach. Mate how did you wire it? Straight to battery or off the accessories?

i wired in to the stereo (with inline fuse) and earthed it out to the body, pretty good mates with the local auto elec down here he said i wont have a problem
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-01-13
mattnkylie mattnkylie is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: moruya
Posts: 91
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rex1995 View Post
i got the same unit & ariel i put mine in the compartment just below the stereo and the mic just above the a/c switch i put a extension speaker just above my right ear above the seat belt top mount bolt so i can hear alot better just got back from the blue mountains down south come very handy with the father in law he followed me gave him a little h/h oricom (cheaper then a phone call) and spoke to heaps of truckies and other people great unit i must admit and love the flip feature and different colour options.

yea she didnt want it in any pockets because (it takes up room) lol so she is happy there and i even showed her how to change the color so she is happy now
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-01-13
LordMayhem's Avatar
LordMayhem LordMayhem is offline
Valued Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Brissy QLD
Posts: 1,219
Default

make a roof console and fit it in there then both are happy
__________________
94 NJ 3L Auto Stocker
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-01-13
t-rex1995's Avatar
t-rex1995 t-rex1995 is offline
Valued Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Imbil Via Gympie QLD
Posts: 763
Default

i wired mine direct to the battery so it works still, if keys are out & also if bogged the ignition is off.
__________________
Formely 93 NH Pajero LWB, 3.0L V6 NOW OWN 2004 GU Patrol Wagon T/Diesel 3LT
WITH 4'' TOUGHDOG SUSPENSION, FULL 3'' TBE, EGT & BOOST GAUGE 33'' MUDDIES, 21'' LED LIGHT BAR
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-01-13
ARGS's Avatar
ARGS ARGS is offline
Valued Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 725
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rex1995 View Post
i wired mine direct to the battery so it works still, if keys are out & also if bogged the ignition is off.
same, found this handy if you're first to camp and are expecting others, can leave it on but the truck off
__________________
1995 GLS 3.5, optioned to the shhizam with just couple of mods
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-01-13
LordMayhem's Avatar
LordMayhem LordMayhem is offline
Valued Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Brissy QLD
Posts: 1,219
Default

mine is wired through a fuse box that is fed from the second battery. so i could get away with never turning mine off if i wanted to
__________________
94 NJ 3L Auto Stocker
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Turbo installed chrisb Triton 2 23-03-12 10:07 PM
installed this today osca4x4 Generation 1 Pajero 7 01-04-11 07:10 AM
installed this today osca4x4 Other Makes including Toyota Nissan etc 0 28-03-11 07:04 PM
ARB Deluxe Bar installed today Evan Generation 4-2 Pajero 8 20-12-09 02:42 PM
Just got my Smartbar installed on SWB R Rich Generation 4-1 Pajero 13 02-03-08 07:54 PM


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 07:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.