Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Website Feedback

Website Feedback Tell us what you do like and don't like about the forum.

Old 25-04-11
Who ya gunna call....

Question Is it possible to have a general discussion area?

G'day
Just wondering if it's possible to have a general discussion area where we
can talk about things not necessarily four wheel drive related?

Like campfire on OL for example?

BTW go Bombers!
Old 25-04-11
Administrator

We have! just called " Bits and Pieces "

Gus.

Yes Yes Go Bombers!

How to get Forum Decals
Old 25-04-11
"valued 3000+ member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodsy View Post
G'day

BTW go Bombers!
There is, bits and pieces, http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...splay.php?f=20 but too many people post it in other areas (general info a prime example, half the stuff in there belongs in bits and pieces) when it belongs in bits and pieces

'89 NG Paj, 3L V6, now running 2" suspension lift, 33" Micky T Baja Claws's, Front LOKKA & 12,000lb winch
Old 25-04-11
Valued Member

PHEW!!! Lucky I put the post in there about the surfing comps down there at Bells Beach, because I wasn't sure where to put something like that either.
I know things can get lost in the forest of threads that are available on this site, but I've learnt now, that once I log-on, I click on the "New Posts" button, at least then you get posts from all threads, rather than just my main interest, I guess? the Pajero 4.2 thread.

Silver Streak.

2010 NT (Nov) Platinum Pajero, DiD auto, Iron Bark.
Factory Tow-bar, Colour coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar, Hankook Dynopro RT03 MT Tyres, 265/R70x17, Bilstein/Lovell HD 2" lift kit, Bushskinz underbody protection plates, Navar Blue 225's, TJM Airtec Snorkel, Tinted Pajero Bonnet Protector, Uniden UH7750NB UHF-CB, Rhino Rack Sunseeker ll Awning (2.5m x 2m), Full Tint + UV film on privacy glass, Dash Mat, Techniice 60ltr Fridge/Freezer.

Last edited by Silver Streak; 25-04-11 at 02:19 PM.
Old 25-04-11
Administrator

Quote:
G'day

BTW go Bombers!

I think we are a little bit cautious about having something like this on our forum. Simply that is where most of the problems stem from when people post their personal opinions on refugees ,politics, religion and any other current affairs event. Then the bannings start being handed out because people get passionate about what they believe in and post either half cut or not thinking about what they are saying.
We have a good forum here and have still yet to ban a user for anything posted. I personally feel the forum doesn't need it and it would change a good reputation of our tollerence to posts that at the end of the day has nothing to do with 4wding or Pajereos in general.
So in a sense that's a no from me. I don't need a shitload of intellectuals posting smilies for replies in posts. And then we as moderators have to read through threads to see who is calling each other knobs.
Dave
Old 25-04-11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickle View Post
I think we are a little bit cautious about having something like this on our forum. Simply that is where most of the problems stem from when people post their personal opinions on refugees ,politics, religion and any other current affairs event. Then the bannings start being handed out because people get passionate about what they believe in and post either half cut or not thinking about what they are saying.
We have a good forum here and have still yet to ban a user for anything posted. I personally feel the forum doesn't need it and it would change a good reputation of our tollerence to posts that at the end of the day has nothing to do with 4wding or Pajereos in general.
So in a sense that's a no from me. I don't need a shitload of intellectuals posting smilies for replies in posts. And then we as moderators have to read through threads to see who is calling each other knobs.
Dave

Hey you forgot Oprah, the royal family and ex wives.
Old 25-04-11
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTaipan View Post
Hey you forgot Oprah, the royal family and ex wives.
There was a mention of knobs in that post wasn't there ?
Dave
Old 25-04-11
Who ya gunna call....

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickle View Post
Dave
All this still happens. It's just spread over the whole forum. I'd like a focal point.

Bits and Pieces will do. Just was not sure where to post stuff like how crap Gus's ride is.
Old 25-04-11
Administrator

Quote:

Bits and Pieces will do. Just was not sure where to post stuff like how crap Gus's ride is.

Steady..the bombers lost & I've had a few that ban button is looking Goodsy...

Gus

How to get Forum Decals
Old 25-04-11
Who ya gunna call....

Go on do it.