Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-2 Pajero

Generation 4-2 Pajero NT model 2009 - 2011

Old 09-03-11

Default Time for airbags/suspension me thinks

While the PJ was on the hoist last week at the mechanic for an oil change, I was looking underneath and noticed shiney spot were the bump stop have been hitting Lately I've thinking it's riding a litlle hard in the rear... HHHMMMM tyres a little to high from towing the Panda?

Today on level ground I crawlled under to have a look, there is only approx 1" gap to the the bump stop

There's no load other the the drawers approx 40kg and a few bits and pieces, makes me wonder what happens when fridge goes in (Waeco 50) and the Panda get hitched up Guess I'll check next week before connectting the Weight Distribution Hitch.

"LOVE'N THAT CAR"
Old 09-03-11
Valued Member

Bushy,

What is the ball weight? My lifestyle is about 110kg, fully loaded with water tank full. My setup of Bilsteins/dobinson springs and airbags work beautifully.

cheers
Geoff
NOW - 2012 Prado Kakadu V6 Auto. Opposite Lock bar, Runva winch, Front locker, Bilstein shocks & 2" Dobbo Coils, Lightforce 240's, Scangauge, Dual Yellowtop batteries with Traxide controller, GME 3440 UHF, Featherlite Awning
Old 09-03-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff&vi View Post
Bushy,

What is the ball weight? My lifestyle is about 110kg, fully loaded with water tank full. My setup of Bilsteins/dobinson springs and airbags work beautifully.

cheers
Geoff
Not sure on loaded ball weight yet, according to compliance plate (empty ball) is 150kg. Not many public weighbridges around here.

"LOVE'N THAT CAR"
Old 09-03-11
Valued Member

You can check your ball weight with a set of bathroom scales.

Place the scales on the ground.
Get a length of timber (4x2, about 4' long).
Place one end of the timber on the scales, on a small block of wood, and the other end on a house brick.
Mark the centre point of the timber, between the centre of the scales and the brick.
Place the jockey wheel on this point. The scales and the brick will each be carrying half the weight.
Multily the scales reading x2 and presto, that's your ball weight.

PS. If the ball weight is under about 150KG you can just put the jockey wheel directly on the scales.

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.