• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stacy
    • Oct 2011
    • Brisbane qld

93 swb v6

Hey guys, I've returned. I managed to get into my old account from some years back. My old rig was a red 89 swb. I've just picked up a white 93 swb, one owner, full service history, very well looked after. It only needs new oil cooler hoses and it's good to go, paid $1,850. Not looking to make an offroad weapon, wanting more of a daily that goes on the occassional camping trip. Looking to install racks with a roof top tent and some flush 31's to start off with.

Last edited by stacy; 05-06-18, 04:46 PM.
    93 SWB V6
  • stacy
    • Oct 2011
    • Brisbane qld

I replaced the oil cooler hoses today, wound up the torsion bars, removed the dorky side steps, found out my idler pulleys are shagged and that I also have a hairline crack in the top of the radiator. Got new pulleys on the way, and I'm ordering an aluminium radiator in a couple of days. All in all, pretty good, hopefully have it on the road next week, then I can sort out some bigger tyres.

93 SWB V6

Comment

• DID Dash
      • Aug 2016
      • Australia

Neat looking Shorty you picked up there. I bought a white 93 NJ shorty V6 new and racked up 100,000 kms in 4 years. Had a heap of fun building it up and touring Australia in it. Used to run BFG 31's on Speedy 15x7' steel rims, dual long range tanks, TJM bullbars and 40mm lift. Was a great little bus. Enjoy yours.
      17MY Pajero Sport, Factory Towbar, King Springs KCRS-23/Pedders 5899 Cones, 265/70R17 A/T's for the rough trips.

Comment

• stacy
        • Oct 2011
        • Brisbane qld

Picked up a stock bumper, have installed two new idler pulleys and have an aluminium radiator on order along with an A/C pulley. My mate also brought me back a sushi keyring from his trip to Japan after I told him I was buying another Pajero. I've got some 31's to put on as well but looking for some rims, just trying to find a steelie that I really like and the perfect offset. All in good time.

93 SWB V6

Comment

• Dicko1
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2014
          • Cairns, FNQ

looks good. Will be fun building it as you want.

Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• stacy
            • Oct 2011
            • Brisbane qld

Fun times ahead that's for sure, just bought a roof top tent for $350
            Will need to organise roof racks to suit

93 SWB V6

Comment

• stacy
              • Oct 2011
              • Brisbane qld

Little update, have replaced idler arm, engine mounts, adjusted wheel bearings, just need to fill a small chip in the windscreen and it'll go back for final safety inspection then rego. Also picked up some roof racks for 20 bucks, proper bargain. As it stands I'll be looking at 3 grand total on road, not bad, I couldn't make one for that price

93 SWB V6

Comment

• stacy
                • Oct 2011
                • Brisbane qld

Out and about since getting it on the road. I've run a couple of tanks of 98 through with Liqui-Moly Fuel System Cleaner/Conditioner and getting pretty good effieciency, averaged around 13/100, mostly highway. I've got a noisy lash adjuster though, I've added nulon lifter free but it hasn't eased it. I've got 1500kms before it's due for next service and I'm looking for suggestions as to what to put in it. It's currently running 10w40 shell helix.

93 SWB V6

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X