Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Fuel and fuel systems

Fuel and fuel systems Petrol vs Diesel, LPG Conversions, premium fuels, and all that gas

Old 08-06-14

Default Installed a water seperator today

G'day, yesterday I installed a deisel fuel water seperator, $170 for the unit & about $20 for a bracket & fuel line,& was pretty stait forward to install.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (188.8 KB, 172 views)
Old 08-06-14
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkster72 View Post
G'day, yesterday I installed a deisel fuel water seperator, $170 for the unit & about $20 for a bracket & fuel line,& was pretty stait forward to install.
Hi Kirk
Nice job you have done there and very useful but shouldnt it be facing down hill and not side ways al the ones that are fitted to my trucks genuine or after market are all facing down so that water and sediment remain at the bottom for draining off
Cheers
Georgie
Old 08-06-14
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgie View Post
Hi Kirk
Nice job you have done there and very useful but shouldnt it be facing down hill and not side ways al the ones that are fitted to my trucks genuine or after market are all facing down so that water and sediment remain at the bottom for draining off
Cheers
Georgie
I think it is just the photo's on it's side
2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com
Old 08-06-14
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grhyso View Post
I think it is just the photo's on it's side
Yeah Rhys i think you are right never mind me it still early and I had few scotches last night half a bottle to be precise and I am glad I am not going 4X4ing today
Cheers
Georgie
Old 08-06-14
Valued Member

Hi Kirk

Nice job mate. I turned the photo around so I could have a better look

I'm pleased to see you hooked it up so the factory filter is the primary filter - that's the way I'd do it too.

Cheers

Geoff
03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.
Old 08-06-14

Thanks guys & yes the pic is on the side, also tell me if I'm wrong i thought this is set up as a primary & factory filter as secondary?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (183.7 KB, 88 views)