Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Commercial Advertisers > Commercial Advertisers > BushSkinz 4x4

BushSkinz 4x4 For all your underneath protection.

Old 29-01-11
BushSkinz 4x4

Hi Brownie. Not a problem at all, these pics show either side near where the exhaust comes out on the left hand side for LWB models/SWB with aux tank and on the right for SWB models without the aux tank. Also a couple of pics of either side of the hitch showing the access through the cut out to the trailer plug and also to be able to put the tow bar pin in etc.

If they mounted the trailer plug on the bottom side of the bracket from the factory you will need to flip it to the top side of the bracket which is a better place for it anyway.

Brownie should you need the cut out to be a little larger just let me know and I can cut it to suit.

Cheers,
Kieron
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0133 [].JPG (44.4 KB, 400 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0128 [].JPG (40.7 KB, 376 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0130 [].JPG (36.7 KB, 364 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0134 [].JPG (34.2 KB, 357 views)

Retired: NS Pajero Exceed 3.8L

Retired: NS SWB X DiD "The BushSkinz lil Paj"

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ead.php?t=9928

Retired: NM Pajero 3.5L

www.bushskinz4x4.com.au[/SIZE]
Old 29-01-11
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearcie View Post
Thanks David,
I haven't seen the ARB tow bar but if the distance between the 2 recovery points/tie down points on the tow bar is 975-980mm and if you measure on the underside of the tow bar where you slide you tow bar tongue in, it should be 225mm long from the opening to the back including the back plate (the plate at the rear of the hitch that stops the hole for your tow bar tongue filling up with muck from the back). If these measurements match up then I am sure that it will fit.

If you email through a couple of pics and if possible have some one hold a tape measure in place I should be able to confirm for you, just to be on the safe side, as I don't like my chances of finding a local Paj with as ARB tow bar.
Cool, I'll get a couple snaps tomorrow or monday and send them to you..

www.twigwater.com - My fly fishing blog.

http://www.dsaphoto.com
Old 29-01-11
Valued Member

I have to say that's a pretty clever design using the tow hitch like that Kieron. I'm impressed.

2008 NS DiD GLX, ARB bar, Warn winch, BFG ATs, Bilstein/Lovell 2" lift, Milford barrier, VMS GPS, Rhino platform rack, Uniden UHF, Mobile 1 antenna, MMA tow bar, DIY dual battery system, Outback rear storage, Bushskinz bash plates x 3, custom steel sliders, Airtec snorkel, Narva HIDs, Ironman awning, ERPS, Glind hot water
Old 30-01-11
BushSkinz 4x4

Thanks mate, I had been looking at it for a long time trying to work out the best way of doing it and then mid last week it hit me that I was looking at things from the wrong point of view. I had been looking at it with the tow hitch as being used as a solid point of contact, where in fact it just needed to provide the strength to stop it from pivoting and being pushed in to the rear bumper. Bolting through the tow bar recovery points makes it solid and there is no movement at all so it won't rattle around at all.

Doing it this way also meant that it wasn't confined to only being able to be fitted when not towing and has also meant that I can do things $50-100 cheaper for you guys which is also a bonus.

Cheers,
Kieron

Old 26-02-11

Hi Kieron,

Do you know if the rear bar will interfere with the sonar / rear park sensors?

Anthony.

edit:.. never mind, I just noticed that your Paj has rear park sensors, so I'm guessing that they work fine with the rear bar.

Pajero RX 2011 3.2 DiD Auto, Warm White, 265/65/18 BFG AT's, Bushskinz Intercooler - sump - transmission - transfer case & Rear bumper guard & sliders, Neoprene seat covers, Factory Towbar, GME 3540 UHF, Rhino Sportz racks, ARB awning, Safari snorkel, Rhino steel platform, Black Widow drawers, Dual Battery, ARB fridge, ARB rear locker, ARB Deluxe bar, Warn Winch, OME Suspension

Wants:
more time off to go 4wd'ing and camping

Last edited by mil098; 26-02-11 at 09:55 PM. Reason: should look at photo's clearly before posting.
Old 27-02-11
BushSkinz 4x4

Thats correct mate my paj has the rear parking sensors and no dramas with the rear parking sensors.

Cheers,
Kieron

Old 28-02-11
Valued Member

good stuff Pearice. NP??
Gone: 2004 21st Anniversary NP DiD Auto with 215ks, EcoShot diesel gas, bullbar, drive lights, snorkel, UHF, 2nd battery + Redarc isolator & wired for fridge + trailer Anderson plug, Mits 2.5 ton towbar, Lovell 50mm HD springs + shocks + Polyairbags, torque converter lock-up.

Selling some touring kit - see Marketplace

Arrived: 2011 Discovery 4 2.7 TDV6 - The difference is amazing... Paj definitely designed in the 1990s and at a lower price point!
Old 02-03-11
BushSkinz 4x4

I believe the NP tow bar is slightly different, I haven't found a local NP at the moment to test fit. But once I do I will let you know.

Cheers,
Kieron

Old 02-03-11
Valued Member

Good to see rear sensors are well out the way.
Well done again Kieron.

Silver Streak.

2010 NT (Nov) Platinum Pajero, DiD auto, Iron Bark.
Factory Tow-bar, Colour coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar, Hankook Dynopro RT03 MT Tyres, 265/R70x17, Bilstein/Lovell HD 2" lift kit, Bushskinz underbody protection plates, Navar Blue 225's, TJM Airtec Snorkel, Tinted Pajero Bonnet Protector, Uniden UH7750NB UHF-CB, Rhino Rack Sunseeker ll Awning (2.5m x 2m), Full Tint + UV film on privacy glass, Dash Mat, Techniice 60ltr Fridge/Freezer.

Last edited by Silver Streak; 02-03-11 at 04:33 PM.
Old 10-03-11
Valued Member

Hi Kieron,

excellent work mate, I remember seeing a very early mock up of it when it was just a few bars put together and remember thinking that it'll do the job but I'd be taking it off when not in use because it didn't look that flash, but the finnished version actually looks really good! And its a really clever design too, I like it.

I will definetly be getting one, in black, I'll email you when I have the cash to go.

Finally I can get my badly mangled up rear bumper replaced without fear of wrecking it again the second I select low range...