• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bobos73
    • Feb 2014
    • Eatons Hill

Auto gear selection lights

Has anyone come across the issue where the dash gear selection lights are not lit with an auto box? Any ideas? Thx.
  • convict
    • Aug 2009

Which ones? the single shift ones (1-2-3-4-5) Or the Auto ones like Park-Auto-Reverse.
    2011 GLX Triton Auto

Comment

• Bobos73
      • Feb 2014
      • Eatons Hill

The Drive light does not work. All the other auto i.e. R-N-P etc shift lights work. But then the single gear lights i.e. 1-2-3-4-5 do not work either.

Comment

• Easykill1978
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2008
        • Melbourne Vic

bulb or bad connectors ??? easy to check with a tone tester if your pull out the dashboard..
        My Car is up for Sale => Link to Market Place

Has a current Vic roadworthy (valid from the 28/04/2016)

Comment

• Poita
          Valued Member
          • Sep 2010
          • Adelaide

I've got the same problem. Only the Drive "D" light doesn't work. It was a blown globe. Simply swapped it with the globe from "1" for now until I can find where to buy a new one from.
          NW VRX MY2013
          Jonny Tig FMIC, 3" Exhaust, RalliArt remap, Provent, FuelManager, CouplerTec rust protection, ARB bar, Runva winch, TJM Snorkel, Bilstein/Lovell/Airbags, full Bushskins kit, Asfir AC+fuel, Fyrlyt Nemesis 9000 spotties + LED headlights, Uniden UHF, RedArc TowPro Elite, BRC breathers, Honda sprayers, Automate lockup/paddles, Rhino platform/backbone

Comment

• brentw
            • Sep 2012
            • Salisbury Heights, SA

Originally posted by Poita View Post
            I've got the same problem. Only the Drive "D" light doesn't work. It was a blown globe. Simply swapped it with the globe from "1" for now until I can find where to buy a new one from.
            I need to do the same. You can buy them from MM I believe or you can prob find them on eBay too.
            2003 NP Pajero GLS 3.2 DID.

E.C. Bullbar, USB/Bluetooth Stereo, Cabin Filter Mod, 20% tint, Bridgestone AT LT 265/70/16, EGR Blanks, Bonnet Protector, Engine Guardian, Boost/Oil Pressure/Volt Gauges + Huge Wish list

Comment

• Poita
              Valued Member
              • Sep 2010
              • Adelaide

I ordered the lights I needed from MM. Not real cheap but no fuss.
              NW VRX MY2013
              Jonny Tig FMIC, 3" Exhaust, RalliArt remap, Provent, FuelManager, CouplerTec rust protection, ARB bar, Runva winch, TJM Snorkel, Bilstein/Lovell/Airbags, full Bushskins kit, Asfir AC+fuel, Fyrlyt Nemesis 9000 spotties + LED headlights, Uniden UHF, RedArc TowPro Elite, BRC breathers, Honda sprayers, Automate lockup/paddles, Rhino platform/backbone

Comment

• brentw
                • Sep 2012
                • Salisbury Heights, SA

Is your car auto? Just wait till you try and replace the globe for gear selection next to the gear knob lol. MM quoted me $200(had to buy whole loom), I purchased a new resister, globe + small tube of silicon from jay car for $10 and re soldered it in.
                Last edited by brentw; 17-03-14, 04:41 PM.
                2003 NP Pajero GLS 3.2 DID.

E.C. Bullbar, USB/Bluetooth Stereo, Cabin Filter Mod, 20% tint, Bridgestone AT LT 265/70/16, EGR Blanks, Bonnet Protector, Engine Guardian, Boost/Oil Pressure/Volt Gauges + Huge Wish list

Comment

• Bobos73
                  • Feb 2014
                  • Eatons Hill

Just had the gearbox serviced and now the D light works. Assuming it was just a bad connection inside the box as the mech disconnected and reconnected all the major connectors.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X