• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Axis
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2011
    • Highett Vic

Kumho MT71

Starting to think about my next set of tyres for when I am allowed out again. Currently have Kumho MT51 and have been really happy with them. Had them on for close to 4 years and done approx 70k kms. Not sure what tread depth is however last rotation was 7 - 9mm (maybe 6 months ago).

Found that Kumho have released the MT71. They look good. Does anyone know much about them? Haven't found much info apart from the below. For 265/70R17 the load index is 111 as opposed to 121 for the MT51.

For reliable 4WD tyres, ROAD VENTURE MT71 from Kumho Tyres is the way to go, learn more here.

Kumho Tyre Australia has announced the launch of a new mud terrain tyre for the 4WD Ute and SUV market. The new MT71 replaces the previous two Kumho M/T tyres: the KL71 and the MT51.

Cheers,
    James
    07 NS DiD GLX Manual, Alloy Bullbar, 2" lift, Bilstein shocks, King Springs, Kumho MT51, Oricom UHF088, Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Airtec Snorkel, Bushskinz Intercooler Guard, Boo's Sump and Tansmission Bash Plates
  • old Jack
    Regular
    • Jun 2011
    • Adelaide, South Australia.

Hi James,

I reckon there is a typo of the load index, a 111 is lightweight passenger construction tyre and I have never seen a MT that is this type of construction.
    This link states a load index of 121.

OJ.
    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• MTN-KAT
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2009
      • Gold Coast

Load Index is 121 for Geolander A/T too. See below. $315 at Bob Jane, fitted and balanced.

Go beyond where the road ends and experience limitless adventure with the all-new Yokohama GEOLANDAR A/T G015. Engineered to provide ultimate traction wherever you go, the GEOLANDAR A/T G015 is…

Brand: Yokohama
      Type: 265/70R17 Tyres
      Tyre Pattern: Geolandar A/T G015
      Load Index: 121
      Eco Friendly: No
      Repairable Run Flat Tyre: No
      Run Flat Tyre: No
      Speed Rating: S
      Drive Style: All-Terrain - M+S
      Availability: T-Mart
      ID: 11564
      99 NL Escape 3.5L V6 LWB Wagon, "Aisin Auto", MM Alum Protector Bar, MM factory 'steel' underbody protector plates, Engine oil cooler, Transmission oil cooler, Side rails, Flares, MM Alloy wheels, HANKOOK Dynapro ATM LT tyres, Aftermarket Alarm, MM A.I.S. HPR15 Penrite engine oil. Penrite LS140 diff oil with 250ml LIMSLIP additive 7098.

Comment

• Axis
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2011
        • Highett Vic

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
        Hi James,

I reckon there is a typo of the load index, a 111 is lightweight passenger construction tyre and I have never seen a MT that is this type of construction.
        This link states a load index of 121.

OJ.

Cheers OJ. Thought it was odd.
        07 NS DiD GLX Manual, Alloy Bullbar, 2" lift, Bilstein shocks, King Springs, Kumho MT51, Oricom UHF088, Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Airtec Snorkel, Bushskinz Intercooler Guard, Boo's Sump and Tansmission Bash Plates

Comment

• Pickle
          Administrator
          • Jun 2007
          • All over Oz

Loving the MT71 , first outing with them in the High Country whilst wet . Review soon.
          NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
          Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• nj swb
            Resident
            • Jun 2007
            • Adelaide

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
            Loving the MT71 , first outing with them in the High Country whilst wet . Review soon.
            I look forward to seeing them in action.
            NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Pickle
              Administrator
              • Jun 2007
              • All over Oz

Originally posted by nj swb View Post

I look forward to seeing them in action.
              Look forward to seeing you in the flesh
              NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
              Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X