• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NJV6
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2010
    • New Zealand

Air bag light

Hi guys, my airbag light won’t go out on a 2011 NT. When plugged into the diagnostic machine they can clear the light and it stays off until I switch the engine off and on again.
    I had a rat inside the vehicle under lockdown which has taken a while to sort out a new loom for. They are making one in Japan and sending it out. The loom is for the wires under the centre console, the 4wd selector one.
    I have hunted for a chewed wire from mr rat but cannot find anything at all, any suggestions as to the light not being on all the time but able to be extinguished?

Mr rat also chewed panels and pee’d everywhere, what a stink.
    1994 NJ SWB, 3.5 Manual, 285/75/16 Deegan 38s MT, 25mm body lift, Twin ARB air lockers, XD9000 winch, custom bar.
    1991 NH LWB, 3.9 V8, trayback, solid front axle, Toyota hi mount winch
    2011 NT GLX DiD, 3.2 Manual, 285/65/17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W, SPV EGR, Lovells SD rear, HD front, Bilsteins, Custom underbody protection, Safari Snorkel, JTig intercooler and loads of zip ties in the dash...
  • spot01
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2011
    • Adelaide

I wonder if the wires for the front seat side airbags might go through the damaged area? Also check under the seats.
    Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• erad
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2015
      • Cooma NSW

Obviously there is still a fault in the system - Somewhere. My recollection of the diagnostics in my ICarSoft HNMII say that the diagnostics displayed each system e driver's airbag, Passenger front sensor etc. If you get a full diagnostic check, it may be able to pinpoint where the fault is for you.

Comment

• NJV6
        Valued Member
        • Sep 2010
        • New Zealand

Thank you, I have had the front seats out and examined the wiring there and checked all seatbelt pretensioners as well. The only think I cannot check is the inside of the steering wheel and anything up under the dash.

I shall try a full diagnostic check if I can find someone to do it.
        1994 NJ SWB, 3.5 Manual, 285/75/16 Deegan 38s MT, 25mm body lift, Twin ARB air lockers, XD9000 winch, custom bar.
        1991 NH LWB, 3.9 V8, trayback, solid front axle, Toyota hi mount winch
        2011 NT GLX DiD, 3.2 Manual, 285/65/17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W, SPV EGR, Lovells SD rear, HD front, Bilsteins, Custom underbody protection, Safari Snorkel, JTig intercooler and loads of zip ties in the dash...

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X