• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1_johnboy
    • Sep 2012
    • Gippsland

"eBay" Snorkels

Have you guys had anything to do with eBay no name snorkels. If so what are your thoughts. How did they fit and how have they lasted. Looking for a MQ Triton
  • Nab
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2012
    • Perth

I had one on my NP Pajero for about 5 years, currently have one on my Ranger for 18 months. Both have been fine, no discolouration, no damage, fit well against the cars. With a good clean they look almost like new, a bit of tyre shine will make them like new if that's your thing!!!!

Some of the "stainless" bolts on the Pajero snorkel started to rust within 6 months but never got any worse.

Fitment between snorkel parts is average, lots of sealant seems to have sorted the issue. Also the rubber joiners they give you have 0mm play, basically they need to be sitting perfectly to create a good seal. Nothing a trip to Clarke Rubber wouldn't sort out for $10.

But for about $100 delivered I have definitely gotten my money's worth!!
    SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
    NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

• stumagoo
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2014
      • Perth WA S.O.R

as someone who fits lots of snorkels (and I mean lots) the differences between big name and ebay snorkels is minimal - both have shitty templates that cant be trusted - both come with crappy fastenings and often not enough hose clamps. the only thing I have found is the safari has a larger connection on gen3 and 4 from the snorkel itself to the inner guard components.

ALL of them are likely to be restricting any boosted diesel that is running a reasonable amount more than stock boost. and I also am not sure how well they breath for the MIVEC 3.8 on song....

Safari state that we need to buy the kit for the gen4's with headlight washers but no longer do a kit for them - other brands do but some like the safari snorkel shape better... and as I said there is a possible aiur flow restriction on all other brands (TJM Airtec included as they are identical to cheap ebay snorkels)
      1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils
      *** retired to the big wrecking yard in the sky***
      1998 NL 3.5 blisterside, running a 6g75 (3.8) with M90 supercharger at 14psi, 305.70.16's on -44 rims 3.5" suspension lift, Custom Bull bar, winch install, custom front control arms, NJ GLS flares and some camping gear in the back

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
        Valued Member
        • May 2017
        • Sydney

After lots of dirt road kays this trip I’ve decided that a snorkel must surely only be of benefit if being used for water crossings. The idea that snorkels help get your air intake up higher away from dust is questionable to me... if I’m following a vehicle creating dust, or driving through dust caused by a vehicle travelling in the opposite direction, there is just as much dust at roof level of my vehicle as there is at bonnet level.

Comment

• Andythiing
          • May 2019
          • Adelaide Hills

With this
          Attached Files
          SWB Pajero NT X diesel auto
          2 inch lift
          ARB bar and snorkel
          Bushskinz bashplates and sliders

Comment

Matched content