• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heisenberg
    • Feb 2016
    • Brisbane

Pajero Sport price

Hi all. Forum newbie and joined as I'm considering buying the new PS (most likely the GLS).

I'm interested to know what sort of price people have been paying. I know as a general rule dealers have 8% margin on cars of this price. Not sure how much room there is with the PS given the current drive away offers.

Any help appreciated.
    Last edited by Heisenberg; 10-02-16, 07:26 AM.
  • littleriver
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2013
    • Queensland

Originally posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Hi all. Forum newbie and joined as I'm considering buying the new PS (most likely the GLS).

I'm interested to know what sort of price people have been paying. I know as a general rule dealers have 8% margin on cars of this price. Not sure how much room there is with the PS given the current drive away offers.

Any help appreciated.

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• spot01
      Valued Member
      • Apr 2011
      • Adelaide

As with most all new models, I think you will have to wait a bit to get good discounts - early adopters tend to pay more.

In the early days of a new model, they are reluctant to discount much, but they may offer a very good trade in valuation (which effectively is a discount on the new car), as this method doesn't "devalue" the new model in an obvious way. As always, bargain hard, be prepared to walk away, shop a few dealers (but make sure they are not owned by the same people - many are) & be patient.

It also appears that stock levels may be a bit thin at present, which won't help.

If the new MQ Triton was any indication, better prices appeared within 6 months of release.
      Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• littleriver
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2013
        • Queensland

Originally posted by spot01 View Post
        As with most all new models, I think you will have to wait a bit to get good discounts - early adopters tend to pay more.

In the early days of a new model, they are reluctant to discount much, but they may offer a very good trade in valuation (which effectively is a discount on the new car), as this method doesn't "devalue" the new model in an obvious way. As always, bargain hard, be prepared to walk away, shop a few dealers (but make sure they are not owned by the same people - many are) & be patient.

It also appears that stock levels may be a bit thin at present, which won't help.

If the new MQ Triton was any indication, better prices appeared within 6 months of release.
        there is a few demos already (but they won't disclose the real price until you walk in, as I have found)...

264 Pajero Sports for sale at present time around the country

Exceed(84)
        GLS(91)
        GLX(89)

but who knows they maybe advertising vehicles they don't have ???

might just depend on what colour you are after ...

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• spot01
          Valued Member
          • Apr 2011
          • Adelaide

The other issue with an all new model is many dealers are unwilling to release a car they have in stock to another dealer who has a sale, as they want to try to sell it themselves & make money out of it (naturally). Once the cars have been around a while & stock levels increase, they usually will release cars to other dealers.

In the meantime, if someone wants a specific model & colour straight away and their dealer can't supply for a while, before signing up they should phone other dealers to see if they have one in stock & try to do a deal with them. Some dealers play games on this issue, so don't be afraid to shop with your feet.

PS - not all dealers list their stock on sites like Carsales & some adverts on Carsales are generic where I suspect the stock hasn't arrived yet. Quite a few dealers list their stock on their own websites, so these can be worth a look also.
          Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• JaR24
            • Feb 2016
            • Melbourne

I'm interested to know what sort of price people have been paying.
            I'm in a similar boat. Crackman posted pricing info on the 'Any owners of the Sport yet' thread which might be helpful. I'm hunting around for an exceed and I'm targeting 53k drive away with these accessories at a minimum... towbar, roof racks, bonnet/lights protector, weather shields, rubber mats, luggage tray. I don't know if I'm being realistic or not but I will stick to my guns. If I can't get the deal now I might wait until such time as I can.

The others here have offered good advice. I have found white is pretty thin, and there seems to be an abundance of bronze!

Good luck mate hope you land yourself a good deal

Comment

• Heisenberg
              • Feb 2016
              • Brisbane

Originally posted by JaR24 View Post
              I'm in a similar boat. Crackman posted pricing info on the 'Any owners of the Sport yet' thread which might be helpful. I'm hunting around for an exceed and I'm targeting 53k drive away with these accessories at a minimum... towbar, roof racks, bonnet/lights protector, weather shields, rubber mats, luggage tray. I don't know if I'm being realistic or not but I will stick to my guns. If I can't get the deal now I might wait until such time as I can.

The others here have offered good advice. I have found white is pretty thin, and there seems to be an abundance of bronze!

Good luck mate hope you land yourself a good deal
              RRP about $2k on this accessories I think. Have you put that offer in to anybody yet? I would think somebody would come to the party particularly on a 2015 plate.....and the bronze (or what I'd call "Metallic Poo")

Comment

• littleriver
                Valued Member
                • Jan 2013
                • Queensland

RRP about $2k on this accessories I think. Have you put that offer in to anybody yet? I would think somebody would come to the party particularly on a 2015 plate.....and the bronze (or what I'd call "Metallic Poo")
                Bronze/metallic poo was actually created to lesson the effect of the outback dust for Aus conditions 😊

Our Challenger has this wonderful colour ... we luvs it ...
                In the shade is rather grey looking but in the sun is brownish (ironbark colour)

Comment

• Heisenberg
                  • Feb 2016
                  • Brisbane

Don't get me wrong, I actually like the metallic poo.

Would take one before the White, silver or black. Just wish they came in the same blue as the Triton.

Comment

• littleriver
                    Valued Member
                    • Jan 2013
                    • Queensland

Would take one before the White, silver or black. Just wish they came in the same blue as the Triton.
                    Now that's good thinking. .. should post it on the mitsubishi facebook page ... pajero sport section 😊

Comment

• JaR24
                      • Feb 2016
                      • Melbourne

Not yet, I am going to ring around & get them to put their best price forward - I'll then use that to work down from there. Was going to get a broker until he said he would charge me $600 if I cancelled after he had found the cheapest price. I asked him what if I wasn't happy with the cheapest price ie. What if he comes back as the standard RRP being the best price? He didn't reply with an answer.....so no thanks. I'll have a crack myself!

Originally posted by littleriver View Post
                      Bronze/metallic poo was actually created to lesson the effect of the outback dust for Aus conditions 😊
                      So dust/dirt etc doesn't show up as much? That's good - I looked at the black the other day. I really loved it but.....it showed waaaay too much detail. Every single tiny cobweb scratch (probably from washing) showed up. I guess this would worry some more than others. Shame because I think it looks fantastic in black (my humble opinion).

Comment

• spot01
                        Valued Member
                        • Apr 2011
                        • Adelaide

I think the blue is designed to appeal to younger people where they are aiming the Triton as a "SUV", so they should have it on the Sport for the same reason IMO. I really like the blue - must be younger than my Birth Certificate suggests!

I think car makers need to bring out some brighter colours, as we have had so many black, white, silver, beige, gold, fawn, poo, etc. for a long time now. I'm glad to see the red is back on the Paj, but they need another couple of colours IMO.
                        Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• Heisenberg
                          • Feb 2016
                          • Brisbane

Originally posted by JaR24 View Post
                          Not yet, I am going to ring around & get them to put their best price forward - I'll then use that to work down from there. Was going to get a broker until he said he would charge me $600 if I cancelled after he had found the cheapest price. I asked him what if I wasn't happy with the cheapest price ie. What if he comes back as the standard RRP being the best price? He didn't reply with an answer.....so no thanks. I'll have a crack myself!
                          Thats a garbage deal from a broker. Reckon you could find another one with better terms. Either way though, using a broker just takes margin that a dealer could potential give away to you. May as well do it yourself. You have identified the price you want. Take another $1k off then put that to a couple of dealers. You've given yourself some room to move if needed but if you're not in a hurry just stick to you guns. Somebody will come back with an affirmative eventually.

Comment

• OldEmmGee
                            • Jan 2016
                            • Adelaide

Do your ringing around the last day of the month. It is amazing what can happen ;-)
                            2018 PS; King Springs on rear; Nudgebar; Hardkorr lightbar; rear storage inc Aux battery/Redarc BCDC; Provent EGR filter; Rear diff breather; reversing floodlight; MSA mirrors for towing a Bailey caravan....rarely....

Comment

• littleriver
                              Valued Member
                              • Jan 2013
                              • Queensland

Originally posted by OldEmmGee View Post
                              Do your ringing around the last day of the month. It is amazing what can happen ;-)
                              I was told by a reliable source ... " March is the end of financial year for Japan" so they give bonus's out to the dealers to move the cars by end of month ...

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X