• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wanderingpom
    • Aug 2018
    • Burleigh, Gold Coast Queensland

NL Blister flair 99 wheel question

G’day guys, So time to get some new shoes! 👍

I have the NL Blister flair pajero and ave seen/read a few things on offsets etc, So am going to be putting on 285/75/r16 KM3 on (When they restock in Aussie) looks like am going to buy some steel rims! ROH was wondering has anyone got these rims and what size (part number would be great) BoB Jane guy did No much about it unfortunately, just want to get it right! Any help would be really appreciated! My truck does have a 2” lift.

I did put this up on FB page, full blow arguments broke out about why would you! Etc and then people where talking about completely different shape! 😂 so just after what people have done?

Is it GU or GQ rims that fit, as I see ones +10

Cheers guys
  • stumagoo
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2014
    • Perth WA S.O.R

Patrol rims come in different offsets as well GU are often put on gen 3 and newer GQ - 22 fit nicely on Gen 2

I run -22 ROH Trac's on my NL untill I put flares on it and now run -44

The -22 with big tires just poked out of the guards
    1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils
    *** retired to the big wrecking yard in the sky***
    1998 NL 3.5 blisterside, running a 6g75 (3.8) with M90 supercharger at 14psi, 305.70.16's on -44 rims 3.5" suspension lift, Custom Bull bar, winch install, custom front control arms, NJ GLS flares and some camping gear in the back

Comment

• Ti4.8
      • Dec 2018
      • Perth Western Australia

+10 wheel offset

Guys&Girls, as it has been said many times before, the GU Patrol (Wagons in ST spec and above ) ALL had +10(positive) wheel offset either in steel or alloy!
      The aftermarket crowd ie ROH, CSA, etc tend to advertise 0 offset or -12 --22 (negative) because it fills out the guards.
      If you put 0 to -12 etc offset you WILL need flares or have the factory flares fitted.
      I hope this clears up any misunderstandings.

Comment

• nj swb
        Resident
        • Jun 2007
        • Adelaide

My NJ GLS has Mullins steel wheels, 16x8 with zero offset, running 285/75R16. This has been engineered in SA, and passed with the standard factory flares - but I did install an adjustable panhard to get the rear axle as close to centred as possible, to reduce the risk of arguments about whether or not both rear tyres were "suitably covered".

At the time, ROH were advertising a -13 offset wheel as both Patrol and LandCruiser fitment, presumably because -13 offset was halfway between factory offset for 'Cruiser and GQ.
        NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• stumagoo
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2014
          • Perth WA S.O.R

Originally posted by Ti4.8 View Post
          Guys&Girls, as it has been said many times before, the GU Patrol (Wagons in ST spec and above ) ALL had +10(positive) wheel offset either in steel or alloy!
          The aftermarket crowd ie ROH, CSA, etc tend to advertise 0 offset or -12 --22 (negative) because it fills out the guards.
          If you put 0 to -12 etc offset you WILL need flares or have the factory flares fitted.
          I hope this clears up any misunderstandings.
          the factory blister side which is what the OP is talking about has as much clearance as the gen 2 models with flares....

so I have run -22 steelies as mentioned with the tiniest amount of poke - so close it almost looks flush - -12 will fill out the guards nicely 0 or positive is going to look a long way in on a NL blister side
          1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils
          *** retired to the big wrecking yard in the sky***
          1998 NL 3.5 blisterside, running a 6g75 (3.8) with M90 supercharger at 14psi, 305.70.16's on -44 rims 3.5" suspension lift, Custom Bull bar, winch install, custom front control arms, NJ GLS flares and some camping gear in the back

Comment

• MSF
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2009
            • Sydney, Northern Beaches

I am Running 285/75R16 BFG KM2 on 16x8 Alloys that are -2 offset. Match the guards perfect.

Comment

• gemster
              Valued Member
              • Aug 2012
              • Gold Coast

So with all said im now confused....
              I like these GU Patrol Rims...
              Any one know what offset these are and width ?
              Im thinking it could be a may-be for the future... Worth it or stick to standard NL rims...
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Nissan-Patrol-Factory-Alloy-Wheel.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	985918 Click image for larger version

Name:	GU patrol rims.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	985919

Gemster...
              YES. ITS A MITZY . 97 NL 3.5 GLS AUTO (Formally owned by geopaj)__ Snorkel ,2 Uniden Uhfs , Roof Console, 2"lift, TT Suspension, Dual bat, Redarc System, BFG KO2's All Terrains, 55L sub tank, Pioneer sound, Milford cargo barrier, Extractors, SS exhaust, Rear camp light, Free Wheel Hubs, Improved Rear Storage unit, Alarm, Led interior lamps...
              And a 1999 NL LWB... Called 'Project Covid".. Stock Standard.
              ..Both with No Airbags. We die like real Men

Comment

• Ti4.8
                • Dec 2018
                • Perth Western Australia

rim offset discussion

All Gen2 Pajero's from factory have a +10 (Positive) offset, some were 15x6 (steelies), 15x6 and 15x7 (Alloys) and NL Blister guard, GLS and Exceed had 16x7 (Alloys) ALL +10 offset.

ALL GU Patrols Wagons, ST grade and above came with either 16x8 steelies (+10Positive) offset or 16x8 and 17x8 Alloys (+10 Positive) offset (FACTORY FITTED!).

Comment

• gemster
                  Valued Member
                  • Aug 2012
                  • Gold Coast

Cheers, that clears up what I was chasing....
                  Now I just need to find some for a decent price... Im not paying $250ea for them tho...

Gemster...
                  YES. ITS A MITZY . 97 NL 3.5 GLS AUTO (Formally owned by geopaj)__ Snorkel ,2 Uniden Uhfs , Roof Console, 2"lift, TT Suspension, Dual bat, Redarc System, BFG KO2's All Terrains, 55L sub tank, Pioneer sound, Milford cargo barrier, Extractors, SS exhaust, Rear camp light, Free Wheel Hubs, Improved Rear Storage unit, Alarm, Led interior lamps...
                  And a 1999 NL LWB... Called 'Project Covid".. Stock Standard.
                  ..Both with No Airbags. We die like real Men

Comment

• Scrambler
                    • Jul 2018
                    • Toowoomba, Qld

I'm changing over to skinnys on my NL GL wagon and on the off-road trailer. That gives a spare GU steely off the trailer. Has a decent Dueler A/T 265/70R16 tyre with 2mm to the wear indicator. Rim has light spots/dots of rust on outer with surface rust on interior where paint is worn.

Make an offer if it suits. Delivery to Bne south easy.

Sorry theres just the one. The other tyres off the trailer are aftermarket with about zero offset. They stick out quite a bit further. And the GU is bad enough on the narrow GL body. And the 5.5 inch aftermarket steel rims on the car will be a bit narrower than what you are chasing, I think.
                    =-( Sadly bought back: 99 NL Shortie. In a-peeling blue
                    =-) Happily replaced by: 98 NL LWB Diesel

Comment

• Barneymutt
                      Valued Member
                      • Sep 2007
                      • Regents Park. Qld

Go here https://tiresize.com/wheel-offset-calculator/

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...