• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Strings
    • Nov 2014
    • Mt Evelyn

Opinions please

Hi all,

The Brother in law is looking to buy a Pajero, yes I've converted him from a rodeo.
    I'm after your opinions on the Paj in the link, I know you could get one with less kms but he liked the idea of all the extras. He is looking to pay around this price.

• Pickle
    Administrator
    • Jun 2007
    • All over Oz

Originally posted by Strings View Post
    Hi all,

The Brother in law is looking to buy a Pajero, yes I've converted him from a rodeo.
    I'm after your opinions on the Paj in the link, I know you could get one with less kms but he liked the idea of all the extras. He is looking to pay around this price.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...-3841057/?Cr=1

Well if he doesn't mind the klms then go for it. It's got a towbar so check transmission services and recall for chain tensioner.
    Dave
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• conquistador
      Valued Member
      • Feb 2012
      • sth east queensland

In my opinion Country kilometers are worth half those of the city. My tip: buy second hand on condition.

However an issue many don't give weight to does arise if for example you intend to turn the vehicle over in 5years 100k. it will be harder to turn the vehicle over with about 300k than one that originally had for example 120k on purchase +100k =220k

Visa versa if you only travel low kilometers a high odo car can make good economic sense.

So the next tip is think about how you'll use the car.

Comment

• Shopping Trolley
        Valued Member
        • Nov 2013
        • Brisbane

Don't be too put off by the km on these diesels. If the mods are what you are after, Buying a well set up car is a lot cheaper the buying a stock car and building it up.
        2003 NP DiD Auto: 265/75R16 Yokohama Geolander G015 A/T, dual batteries, Kings Springs and Monroe Shocks, to do list that is more expensive than the truck

Comment

• ticky
          Valued Member
          • Jan 2015
          • Adelaide

personally, I dont have a problem with the Kms & I dont have a problem with the price, but with those Kms I think it is over priced.

I think if he shops around, he will do better.

JMO

Steve
          2009 NT VRX, Rear Battery Pack, 18" Bridgestone D-697, SPVi EGR mod, BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Plates. BOO's Transmission & Transfer Case Plates. GME 3550, HID HB's and 22"LED Bar, Pioneer Avic F80DAB Audio/Coms/Nav system MM4x4 TC Lockup Mate. & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Pretty Stock but very Capable

Wish List: ARB Deluxe Bar & Winch, Snorkel, Diff Breathers, & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Comment

• Hookie
            • Dec 2015
            • Coffs Harbour

If he wants extras and a rig that's been well looked after, send him Gus's way. Unless he's committed to something newer?

SOLD - 2004 Exceed Di-D, 2" Lovells-Lovells lift, Boo's sump/intercooler/transmission guards, 4 way breather, dual batteries, General Grabber AT2s, Tough Toys LED awning

Comment

• Strings
              • Nov 2014
              • Mt Evelyn

All great responses that are being passed on - Thanks.

How incredible is Gus's rig, almost like one of those collector Matchbox cars you've just opened for a look.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X