Clear All
  • Davidedcs
    • Feb 2018
    • Monbulk

Wonnangatta

Hi

I’m new to 4x4, booked in to do the Proficiency Course in June

We have a 2014 Hilux, AT tyres, diff breathers, snatch strap, maxtrax

We are hoping to do a trip into Wonnangatta in December, from my reading easiest way in is from Myrtleford..

Is it feasible to do this trip with the Hilux as noted above, given that it doesn’t have a lift, or winch (at this stage) we will be going with friends (2017 Ranger). It they are also new to 4x4..

Any tips for a newbie

Thanks
    David
  • Lazarus
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2008
    • Melbourne, Western suburbs

You will have no problems mate.

I have been going to gatta 5-8 times per year over the past 15 or so years so I reckon I am good authority stating that

Once I guided family friend in there and he drove Mazda CX7
    NW 2014 MY14 GLX-R, auto, BushSkinz bashplates, Pedders TrakRyder foam cell 2' lift, Falken AT3W LT, Rhino Pioneer 6 platform, flip key, Redarc BCDC40 and 135 amps lithium battery, Torque Pro OBD, EVC Throttle controller, ARB Compressor, LED lights (internal and outside), ARB Frontier 128L long range fuel tank, GME XRS 370c.

Comment

• Davidedcs
      • Feb 2018
      • Monbulk

Hi Lazarus

You sure sound like an authority to me going there that often

What’s your favourite camping spot in the area?

Comment

• Lazarus
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2008
        • Melbourne, Western suburbs

Depending of the time of the hear and what am I doing there.

In summer, if its not long weekend or public holiday definately camp under the elms, best shade. Couple of swimming holes close by as well.

Or if you have 2 or more cars with you to fill the space and want a bit of privacy then camp near the suspenssion bridge.

Or camp ....., actually I will keep this one for myself

Cheers
        NW 2014 MY14 GLX-R, auto, BushSkinz bashplates, Pedders TrakRyder foam cell 2' lift, Falken AT3W LT, Rhino Pioneer 6 platform, flip key, Redarc BCDC40 and 135 amps lithium battery, Torque Pro OBD, EVC Throttle controller, ARB Compressor, LED lights (internal and outside), ARB Frontier 128L long range fuel tank, GME XRS 370c.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X