• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kevsync
    • Mar 2014
    • Toronto NSW

Confused about paint codes

Hi all

I have a 2003 Exceed and want to touch up the paintwork (Black with Silver trim). The plate says the code for the body paint is DR. However, Autobahn have no paint that matches this code - is there an alternate code that I should be looking for.

All help greatly appreciated

Regards Kevin
  • MoreliaMatt
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2013
    • Adelaide

There should be a code with 1 letter and 2 numbers....

Mine said CX, i kept looking and found A09 which is my colour....

From memory, one was on the plate on the firewall and the other was on the sticker in the door jam.... cant remember which code was on which plate though....
    | 2010 NT Pajero GLS Manual DiD |

| ARB Deluxe Bullbar Colourcoded | Bushskinz Intercooler & Sump Guards | Bilstein & Lovells HD Lift |
    | Bridgestone D697's LT | Airtec Snorkel | Lightforce 170 Spotlights | Rhino Bars & Darche Awning |
    | Milford Cargo Barrier | ARB Dual Battery Tray | Redarc Battery Isolator | LRA 58L Long Range Tank |
    | GME TX3510 | Polyair Bags | Runva EWX12000 Winch | SPVi EGR | Challenge Offroad Camper Trailer |

Purchased But Still To Fit - | MMA Spare Wheel Lift |

Comment

• Steve_H
      • Feb 2012
      • Melbourne

I'm really surprised Autobharn can't find your paint, I recently got my paint mixed from them after I gave them my 2 letter code found on the plate on the firewall. The guy looked it up on the computer and found it straight away.
      2018 NX GLS - Stock

2002 NM Exceed 3.5l Auto. Oricom 280 UHF, Full Boar Snorkel, Maxxis 980's. Diff breather kit *still* waiting to be fitted. Heading for the great scrap yard in the sky very soon.

Comment

• Pauly Faulkner
        Valued Member
        • Feb 2012
        • Maitland, NSW

The two letter code is generally an oem specific paint.
        I'll look up the code where I search for paints, did it for a gen1 owner the other day who had a not so common blue with two letter code and no shop could identify it, not even mits. I found it in 5mins lol
        97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
        97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

• Aussie_Dan
          Valued Member
          • Jan 2010
          • Cairns

Once you find the correct code on the data plate, these sites may help you work out the name of the colour:

Cheers, Dan.
          2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

• kevsync
            • Mar 2014
            • Toronto NSW

Originally posted by Pauly Faulkner View Post
            The two letter code is generally an oem specific paint.
            I'll look up the code where I search for paints, did it for a gen1 owner the other day who had a not so common blue with two letter code and no shop could identify it, not even mits. I found it in 5mins lol
            Thanks Pauly

Comment

• kevsync
              • Mar 2014
              • Toronto NSW

Originally posted by MoreliaMatt View Post
              There should be a code with 1 letter and 2 numbers....

Mine said CX, i kept looking and found A09 which is my colour....

From memory, one was on the plate on the firewall and the other was on the sticker in the door jam.... cant remember which code was on which plate though....
              Thanks Matt - all I can find on the door jambs is the recommended tyre pressures

Comment

• GHendo
                Valued Member
                • Mar 2012
                • Northern NSW

Found this where I'd made a note a while ago - it might be useful as well ...

http://www.pocuk.com/paintcodes.txt

Geoff
                03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• Pauly Faulkner
                  Valued Member
                  • Feb 2012
                  • Maitland, NSW

Only match to DR I could find that comes close to your description was a mazda silver.

Here is the link, click on color finder and then accept terms and conditions then do an advanced search using mitsubishi as manufacturer and then put year model in and have a flick through. You can sort by colour categories like blacks, blues etc as well

97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
                  97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

• MoreliaMatt
                    Valued Member
                    • Mar 2013
                    • Adelaide

Found a DR code for mitsubishi bit is showing as a Pearl silver....
                    Keep looking for the other code I reckon!

| ARB Deluxe Bullbar Colourcoded | Bushskinz Intercooler & Sump Guards | Bilstein & Lovells HD Lift |
                    | Bridgestone D697's LT | Airtec Snorkel | Lightforce 170 Spotlights | Rhino Bars & Darche Awning |
                    | Milford Cargo Barrier | ARB Dual Battery Tray | Redarc Battery Isolator | LRA 58L Long Range Tank |
                    | GME TX3510 | Polyair Bags | Runva EWX12000 Winch | SPVi EGR | Challenge Offroad Camper Trailer |

Comment

• Steve_H
                      • Feb 2012
                      • Melbourne

Did you ask the guys in Autobharn or did you just look on the pre-mixed paint in stock? They can find your paint from the 2 digit code.
                      2018 NX GLS - Stock

2002 NM Exceed 3.5l Auto. Oricom 280 UHF, Full Boar Snorkel, Maxxis 980's. Diff breather kit *still* waiting to be fitted. Heading for the great scrap yard in the sky very soon.

Comment

• redrock
                        Valued Member
                        • Oct 2012
                        • victoria

Just a quick question, the code you have is it defeniately the colour code for the exterior and not the trim? If you have a real concern call a dealer parts dept give them the vin and they will give the colour code and colour name. Having said that the colour code will be on the VIN plate, decal . Hope that helps
                        2004 Np Exceed Lift kit, Arb Bullbar, Warn winch, UHF & HF Barrett radio, dual tanks, dual batteries Rhino Basket, Snorkel

Comment

• firemanash81
                          • Jul 2012
                          • Forster NSW

Paint Code

Any idea what pait code CZ is the car is white and is an 05 NP also where is the best place to get some touch up paint?

Comment

• MoreliaMatt
                            Valued Member
                            • Mar 2013
                            • Adelaide

Originally posted by firemanash81 View Post
                            Any idea what pait code CZ is the car is white and is an 05 NP also where is the best place to get some touch up paint?

CZ is also A09 which is 'Sophia White'

Comment

• redrock
                              Valued Member
                              • Oct 2012
                              • victoria

White paint to touch up, just get a bottle of liquid paper from office works job done
                              2004 Np Exceed Lift kit, Arb Bullbar, Warn winch, UHF & HF Barrett radio, dual tanks, dual batteries Rhino Basket, Snorkel

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X